CH 36 - Night two begins

Wayo POV

"Stop banging your head, it won't help." I tell Ming.

He looked through the bakery window, saw a strawberry cake and knew P'Kit would like it. But he wasn't here so he was hitting his head on the wall next to it.

"I wanted to have lunch with P'Kit." He whines.

"You shouldn't have fought with P'Beam."

"Yo!" He shouts standing straight. "He started it, everything isn't always my fault."

"Who told you to tease him?" I shake my head. "And why tell him to use dress as a safe word?"

"Did you see him when he came out of the bath?" He says annoyed.

Yes, I did and I was worried until I realised what they were. His shirt was open, and we had seen the marks and bruises on his chest before he quickly covered up. I knew he had been with P'Forth all night and walked in as we were ready to have breakfast.

When I asked he had just smiled about taking care of adult business. I mean I did know stuff even though I had never actually gotten to do anything...yet. Was it so bad I had waited for true love? Was it? I wonder if P'Pha will...

"Yooo." Ming whines. "He started it and now I have to have lunch with you and not my P'Kit."

"I should cut ties with you for that remark." I glare at him. "But I'm having lunch with P'Pha, eat alone."

I carried on walking down the street as Ming followed whining about the unfairness of brothers in law. It was P'Beam's fault he did it on purpose and P'Kit got annoyed.

"Let's hurry, did you forget why we are here?" I stop and look at him. "Didn't you want to get P'Kit a gift?"

The minute I mention my brother he's full of energy, looking in every window and pointing out things that would be good. He does have good ideas and his taste isn't bad. I walk around the jewellery store as he looks at the pins, P'Kit doesn't wear much jewellery but he wears pins on his jackets.

I think he likes them because Ming is the one who started giving them to him, bringing one back every time he went away. I stop at a glass case when I see a bracelet, it's stunning in its simplicity and I can't help smiling when I think it would suit P'Pha.

~~~~~~~~~~

Grand Palace Ballroom.

Tani Kongtanin (Phana's father) - Nai (Forth's father – The King)

The King POV

"I thought he was staying out of it this time Nai." Tani groaned. "Do something."

I looked around the upper balcony; he really had gone overboard, practically half the court wizards are out. What had set him off this time? Phana might have trouble, but no one would be stupid to do it here.

"Like what?" I sighed. "He's the Elder King."

"I'm also your father."

"Aaahhh." I shout looking back. "Father!"

He nearly gave me a heart attack, he was old shouldn't he be doing something calming like meditating or joining the priesthood?

"Do you smell that boys?"

We both looked at each other wondering what he was talking about, smell what?

"Too much perfume?" Tani asked.