CH 17 - More complications

A/N:

Sorry to confuse everyone, Lot was the guy who came to stay with them in chapter 8 - uninvited guests, and the whispers started. Hope that helped, enjoy reading the new chapter <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Lot had finally stopped struggling and gone quiet. P'Sing took offence to his threats, it's him who will be seeing to the punishing, he came into our village and hurt someone with a forbidden spell.

We can't find the basket or the apples and he's not talking, as we get near the square we see one of the miller boys walking down.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I have a name Yo." He sighs. "I found this, I was taking it to the Mayor."

It's the basket, it's still pulsing, but there are no apples inside.

"Where did you get it Suttee?" P'Sing asks.

"It was hanging on the tree branch near the mill." He frowns. "It makes me want to eat but nothing inside."

"What happened to the apples?" P'Din asks.

"They fell out when I tried to poke it down with a broken stick."

He opens a small bag and is about to put them in the basket when P'Sing stops him. P'Din takes out an apple and casts a spell on it, the apple changes colour a few times before turning to dust.

"That isn't good." P'Yut looks at the dust. "Too much-mixed magic."

"It was poisonous apples." P'Sing looks furious. "And you added more than one dose of potion? How big of a moron are you?"

P'Kit runs to us instantly, looking at Lot surprised. "Why did you do this?"

"It's your fault." Lot says angrily. "I watched you for years, but you didn't even remember me when I came. That kid hovering around getting your attention."

"Why hurt him?" P'Kit asks. "Why not do something to me?"

"If he wasn't around, you would fall for me." Lot says with a creepy smile.

"Are you insane?" P'Beam glares.

"If that love potion had done its job I wouldn't have had to do this." Lot says.

"What love potion?" P'Beam asks.

"I put it in the tea." He shouts. "You should have fallen for me Kit."

"I told you p." I look at my brother.

"The one you didn't like the feel of and threw away?" P'Beam looks at me.

"You threw it away?" Lot yells. "No, it worked he started to like Ming, it should have been me."

"You bastard." P'Kit's got him by the collar. "I was always going to marry that idiot, that's why I didn't give anyone a chance, you included."

"No...you can't, you should love me..."

P'Kit's punches him. "Tell me how to wake him, tell me or I will bury you."

P'Beam stops P'Kit after he punches him a few more times, Lot's looking scared and crying. No this isn't the sweet guy my brother normally is, he hurt someone important, Lot was in serious trouble.

He tells us, he got the apples from a travelling peddler and the potion from a witch shop. We find the used bottle in his bag, it had instructions but he overused it. It was a practical joke potion; the person would fall asleep for a day. But the stupid idiot had used it on an already poisonous apple, which is made that way by magic, and the full five doses in the bottle.