CH 89 - Full circle...

Gramps POV

I made my way to the forest, everything was calming, the witch and her people had been properly dealt with this time by the crown wizards and the babies would be fine.

The others wanted to pay their respects to the forest and were coming with the babies and family to get blessing and say thank in the special place. Was it too soon to hope? Yo knew the words maybe...could he...was it possible?

I make my way to the clearing, the leaves rustle, the wind chimes and a sweet blossom smell is in the air as I'm welcomed. A beam of light flickers through the trees, illuminating a lone figure standing with a hand on the oldest oak.

He turns slowly and my eyes water seeing him, finally its time. He looks like the last time I saw him, in his early 20's, a soft white shirt, light blue trousers and the same messy brown hair and warm eyes. He smiles and opens his arms; my feet carry me with lightning speed to him. The same smell of wild oak and berries, the warm arms and the hard body pressed against me. He was back.

"I'm sorry I made you wait love." He whispers in my ear.

"I told you she was evil; didn't I say not to listen." I manage slowly.

"You did..."

"You still let her into the forest..."

"I'm sorry..."

"When are you going to realise I'm always right?"

"You are, don't cry love." I feel the warm magic wash over me.

"I mean it Phun, if you do this to me again I'm going to divorcing you." I tell him angrily.

"I won't Noh." He kisses me; I feel the magic wrap itself around me again completely. "I missed you so much."

I see my hand shimmer as my appearance changes with his magic like always, if I looked in the mirror I would look in my 20's.

"Good thing I had the children to take care off, while I waited."

"You had to look after them alone." He looks pained. "I wanted to be here with you."

"Never do it again." I tell my husband. "Welcome home Phun."

"I'm home Noh." He smiled back.

I missed that smile; I hugged him again and sighed. The witch, Aim, had been powerful and I had no magic, she had come asking for shelter but she had ulterior motives. And when she realised she couldn't seduce Phun or get what she wanted she had tricked him. No matter what I tried I couldn't wake him, the most trained wizards and witches couldn't do anything. And then a baby crying as he was born frayed the spell enough he could push through it.

Phun had a little sister, Pang, whom he loved more than anyone, Yo came from her line and the blood bonds of magic are powerful. But the curse was harder to deal with, especially one made by a forest witch. I had to wait for Yo to grow up and learn magic before anything could be done.

I couldn't do anything but wait, I may not be able to wake him but I could make sure he was safe. Granny Tanner came to live here at my request and I sent Sing here to guard him.

Phun was a magic forest who fell in love with a traveller and decided to take human shape to meet him. To meet me. He would make me lose my way and then come as a young man to help me. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with him and then he told me what he was. I didn't care, I loved him and wanted only him.