CH - 83 - A demon, a goblin and a rose walk into a bar.

A/N: #1 in Wayo - 20/08/2018. 70k Views and 8k+ Votes. You are all brilliant, thank you <3

Village on the edge of the Kingdom.

3rd Person POV

The demoness needed a drink after fixing the mess her Pookie had caused in the nearby village. She should have paid more attention; the poor baby was just lonely. He had been stealing animals and putting them in the old abandoned farmhouse on the land and raising them.

She found them all fit and well but when she tried to return them to their owners, they wouldn't go back. They loved Pookie and wanted to stay; the hellhound had cried tears of joy and looked at her with sad eyes. So, she made amends to the owners and let him keep the animals. They had a party...she sighed.

Under the sidebar near the window, two small boys hid and watched the room, their sharp eyes wondering the tavern.

"Why a tavern?" One whispered. "He wouldn't be here."

"He could be anywhere." The second said. "Remember that time he snuck out of the palace in an empty wine barrel?"

"We need to get back before we get into trouble Tee."

"Not till we get some news." Tee looked around. "I'm sick of the adults not telling us anything Copter."

"He had his birthday without us." Copter said sadly.

"I know." Tee whisper yelled. "We do everything together."

"You're just mad we missed out on the cake."

"Forget the cake." Tee glares. "All we do is practice, study, and more practice. If he was here at least an accidental snowstorm would have happened or..."

"A blind giant would have demolished the school." Copter grins. "I miss him."

"He needs to come home and we..." Tee points at his friend. "Will bring him back."

The boys nodded to each other; even if they got grounded today they would find something of their missing friend.

A few tables away, a goblin sat sipping his beer; it had been a long day. He made some good deals and a few just a little over the line to being crooked. Hey don't judge him they weren't good people, to begin with.

He felt a wave of calming magic and the scent of roses filled the air. He gently took the rose from its protected pocket and stroked the velvet petals. He would be the envy of every goblin if they saw, but he couldn't bring himself to show anyone, wanting the rose just to be his. Something so pure and made from love. No one ever gave a goblin something so treasured and for the first time, he felt...special.

He looked up when he heard someone whisper 'roses' and saw a demoness looking around curiously. He was sure he heard a child's voice as well before it was shushed. That was strange; no one could smell the magic scent unless the rose allowed it.

He went back to his drink as he pondered on this but his curiosity peaked when he heard a name mentioned from a table nearby. He looked over and saw a group of three men sitting with drinks, looking at something on the table. He eavesdropped on the conversation.

"That's a lot of money."

"Will he pay?"

"It's the evil lord himself, he will pay."