CH 47 - The boy, the puppy and the Wisp

(3rd Person POV)

"Please don't be mad Spark." Yo said pleadingly as he placed a plate on the table.

Spark looked at it before humping and turning away. They were going to a restaurant and he wanted to go. But Yo had asked him to stay at home and he would bring back treats.

He was not going to listen, he was going to put his foot down...but Yo looked at him so hopefully and Spark liked Yo a lot... fine. Yo patted his head happily before running out of the room.

Spark pulled the plate closer and sat to eat near the window. Yo brought him extra treats, he didn't want Spark to be mad he wasn't at the wedding. He sat and thought about it, what was a wedding? Yo said P'Pha would live with them now, but he did before too. And it was a good thing, when he went away it made Yo sad.

When he found the big meat pie, Spark decided to share it with his friend that lived in the alley. He picked it up and flew out of the window, he found him near the box he slept in. The puppy barked happily seeing him and ate the pie, it was a real one with meat, not the yuck one with nuts.

When a large gate creaked open Spark looked up to see his other friend, the little boy from next door sneak out. He looked worried and held something close as he moved in the opposite direction and out of the ally. He was too little to go out alone and it would get dark soon, Spark started to follow but stopped when he saw the puppy coming too.

"Stay here." Spark pointed.

But the puppy licked him and barked playfully, he wanted to come. Yuck, now he needed a bath again. He hurried after the little boy, he had a funny name, Godt. But Spark liked Godt, he let him sit on his train that went cho cho, but his favourite was the ship. He got to wear a hat and was called captain and he got to find hidden treasure and it tasted really good.

"No... stop...that's mine."

Spark flew faster, that was Godt someone was hurting him. He saw him not far away as a large bird held something in its beak, its chain in Godt's hand. Another bird flew straight at Godt, nearly making him fall, but in his surprise he let the chain go and the birds flew away.

"They took my daddies watch." Godt said near tears.

Godt shouts and follows the birds, Spark follows Godt and the puppy follows Spark. And unknown to them a man had run out of the alley looking for Godt, saw them and swore as he followed.

They stopped when someone screamed. "That bird took the bait! George, after them."

They stop at the screaming girl, who stares at Spark. He knew her, it was Nami! Yo's friend who he was sure was a witch and her familiar, George!

"Spark, why are you here?" She asks.

Spark stomps his foot angrily and points to the birds that flew away with the things.

"I have no idea what you're saying!" She says frustrated. "But those birds have been wreaking havoc, they stole Mari's broach."

"They... took my daddies watch." Godt tells them. "I was going to get it fixed for him."

"Those evil birds, now stealing from children!" Nami shouts. "After them."

"Nami, let's get help...I don't like birds..."

"Less talking and more running George!"

"Wait for us." Godt shouts.

Spark sighs and follows, the puppy's more excited and follows them. The poor unknown man stops to take a breath, he lost sight of them, how can Godt run that fast? He shouldn't have stopped to have that tart and checked on the boy sooner.