32 | A SMALL TRIP TO NATIONAL CITY

NAYARA ENTERED KARA'Sapartment after her. Nayara smiled at the cozy looking apartment that reflected Kara's personality. There were nice bright colors mixed with a tiny bit of white and light brown everywhere.

"I can get a hotel." Nayara told Kara as she looked around the apartment.

"No. No way. You forced me to stay in your house now I'm forcing you to stay in mine." Kara told her, smiling brightly at her.

"I hope I'm not much of a bother." Nayara told her, giving her a weak smile.

The blonde closed the door and helped Nayara with her stuff. "You are not a bother, Nay. Plus, I'm really looking forward to show you around the city. I just didn't fought with Barry just so you could stay." Kara told her, sending her a look.

"Well, he has to come and bring my phone back." Nayara joked, sighing. "Shouldn't you be telling your sister and friends you are here?" Nayara asked, remembering. Kara nodded at her, remembering.

"True. I would be back." Kara said before running off to tell people about her arrival. Nayara sighed, shaking her head.

Nayara sighed as she hesitated before seating in one of the stools of Kara's apartment. She heard shuffling behind the door. Nayara quickly stood up, and picked up a frying pan that was lying around. She shuffled closer to the door, listening to the person behind it.

"No, Alex. I feel awful by entering Kara's apartment without her being there. I know you want to see if there are any other proof and make sure everything is fine, but what about me." She heard a man said. Nayara held back a laugh at the comment.

While she debated whether to let the man in or not, the unknown person had already opened it. Nayara in a panic closed the door and stood up with her back pressed against it. "Alex. It isn't opening." The man said. Nayara heard someone walk backwards and before she got hurt by the door she moved away and the man fell straight to the floor.

She quickly stepped on his back with the frying pan raised back, ready for any sudden movement from the intruder. "Ahhh!" The man yelled from the floor.

"Who on earth you?" Nayara asked him.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my friend's apartment?" The man said to her.

"How do you know Kara?" Nayara asked him with narrowed eyes.

The man closed his eyes, trying to form an answer. "Alex back up, now. Like right now. I'm about to get beat up with a frying pan." The man yelled from the floor.

Nayara scoffed. "I would not beat you up with the frying pan if you tell me who you are." Nayara said to him. She lifted her arm and stopped right in front of the man's face. "So, how do you know Kara?" Nayara asked him.

"I work with her! I'm her friend Winn." The man said.

Nayara quickly took her foot away from his back and gave him an apologetic look. "Oh, as in Winn Schott. I'm really sorry." Nayara said, giving the man a shy smile. "I'm Kara's new roommate." She said.

"Yeah?" Winn asked her, not believing her. "Kara has been gone for weeks. Almost an entire month or so. So, you are lying." Winn told her, pointing his finger at her.

"I'm presuming that who you are talking to is Alex Danvers then? Kara's older sister. She told me about her." Nayara told Winn and put down the frying pan. She showed Winn her hand as a sing of peacefulness. "I'm Nayara, nice to meet you." She told her.

Winn hesitated before shaking her hand before stepping away from her. The young girl nodded at him before pointing at him. "Actually, I'm being completely honest with you. Sorry about the entire frying pan situation, I didn't know who you were. I thought you were an intruder. I mean, I have silently sworn to myself to protect Kara who is a giant ball of sunshine." Nayara told him, putting the frying pan back where it belonged.