Better Than Twilight Prt. 3

"Yes, it's me." Leo replied and much of my surprise.

Suddenly, Donnie came out from his room where he saw the two of us sitting down on the floor.

"Leo! Hang in there, buddy!" he said as he rushed in to his lab and got sringe with a blue liquid on it. He immediately put it's needle to his older brother while he tend Leo's bite marks on my neck.

Minutes later, Leo's eyes turned blue again and his fangs disappeared.

"Donnie, if Leo can turn into a vampire, then you guys were vampires too?" I asked.

"No! Well, it's a long story." Donnie answered as he put a bandage on my neck. "We had a mission before but the Kraaang had captured us. They put us on a cage while Leo was tied on an operating table."

"Then, what did they do to him?" I asked.

"I thought we're going to lose him. The Kraaang had injected him on some kind of a serum.... he transformed into this and.... we got a chance to escape." he continued. I look at Leo, I can see sadness in his eyes.

"I tried so hard to find an antidote. A PERMANENT one. But I found nothing. All I have is this solution where Leo can be back to himself for a short period of time."

"Poor Leo..." I mumbled.

"Well, a while ago, we thought he had eaten you when he brought you to the lair. You were unconcious and burning in fever. Leo told us that he didn't do anything to you. He just saved you from being hit by a car in the middle of the storm." Donnie added.

Now, I know Leo was the one who saved me back then. I want to thank him but he was lost in sight. Maybe, he went to his bedrooom already.

The sun rises, I had prepare all my stuff for I am going back home. I had promised to everyone that I will keep their existence as a secret.

"Goodbye, dudette!" Mikey hugged me which I gladly returned. Raph gave me a smile while Donnie helped me to carry my things.

"Where's Leo?" I asked.

"He overslept." Donnie said.

"Oh. Please say goodbye to him for me."

"Be careful, my child." Master Splinter said and bowed down.

"I will." I replied as I started to leave.

I followed the directions Donnie gave me to go out from the sewers. The sounds of my footsteps and the sewage waters were the only ones I hear. While walking, my thoughts were into Leo. How is he now? I didn't even say thank you to him about in the park last night. And now, I didn't even say goodbye to him properly.

As I follow the directions, I found myself on a ladder, where on top of it is a manhole cover. Now, that's my way out.

I climed up to the ladder but I slipped on the fourth step, losing my balance. I closed my eyes waiting for an impact but instead I felt strong arms wrapped around me. I looked at my back, it was...

"Leo!" I said in surprise.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worried.

"I'm fine, thanks! And... how did you get here?"

"Uhh, my vampire speed is a good advantage. I just wanted to say... I—goodbye." he replied.

"Oh, and... thanks for saving me back then."

"You're welcome. So, goodbye?" Leo smiles at me.

"Yeah." I said as I take my first step on the ladder.

"Be careful." he added as I took my second step with a smile on my face.

Now, I took the third, fourth, fifth and sixth. I am close to the manhole cover. When I was about to open it...

"I love you, (Y/N)!" Leo blurted and I almost lose my grip in the ladder. My heart skipped a beat. I have a crush on the blue terrapin then he loves me back.

"I love you too, Leo!" I replied.

"Will you come back and visit us tomorrow?"

I smiled as I remove the cover and looked at Leo.

"I will!"

-The end~