Splinter's Book 2 Prt. 2

"I miss you, too." I replied as (Y/N) released me. She looked at the villagers.

"I came for a visit to check on you. That typhoon surely destroyed almost half of your crops. So, my husband and I planned all of this and I'm glad to see you smile despite of what happened. For supplying the temple with your bountiful crops for us to eat, at least this is the only way I can show my gratitude for your help." (Y/N) said as she bowed down to them.

In return, the villagers thanked their daimyo. (Y/N) smiled at them, "Anyways I heard that there will be a tea shop to be open in your place."

Eh? A tea shop? What will my wife do in a tea shop?

"Yes, your highness! It will open in one minute!" a villager replied.

"I see. Tell the owner that my husband and I will be their first customers." (Y/N) replied.

The villager was filled with excitement, "Oh! I will! It will be an honour."

The villager guided us to the said tea shop and we followed him. I gave (Y/N) a puzzled look. "Why—"

"I came here for a reason. I think you have forgotten our promise." she replied. I tried to recall that promise. But then, I remembered;

>Flashback
(From Splinter's Book Prt. 1)

Leo?"

"Yes?"

"If the war ends and you would like us to spend our time together, what do you want us to do?" she asked.

Now, why is she asking this? This means that the war against the Genjis will end sooner or later? I sure hope so. My heart leaped with joy a little.

"Uhh... I dunno... Tea? Maybe? And we can walk downtown and explore Kazenami together someday, I guess?"

"Noted." I looked at her.

"I'll make sure that 'someday' will come. Who knows when this war will end? I will not let myself die in battle without doing those things with you." (Y/N) held my hand, reassuring me.

>End of Flahback

"Ah, yes. I do now." I said, "I'm glad you pull this off just for me."

"Only for you, Leo." (Y/N) replied.

"Thanks, babe."

We had arrive on the tea shop. The owner whole-heartedly welcomed us. (Y/N) and I sat down on a table and our freshly-brewed tea is being served. I'm glad (Y/N) planned this for just the two of us. It feels that we're on a date.

"Leo?" (Y/N) called my name as she put down her cup.

"Y-Yes?"

"A while ago, you called me a 'babe'. What was that? Were you insulting me?" she asked. Funny that I had reminded myself earlier that I should not use modern words in this era. On the other table were her vassals are, Donnie also heard the conversation and he's just laughing at me.

"What I mean is, babe. Those were used by couples as their nicknames in my time." I said. "There are more names used like Honey, Sweetie, Sugar, Baby and many more!"

"I see." (Y/N) replied. "Instead of calling each other 'babe', how about..."

(Y/N) stood up from her seat and kissed my cheek, "...I'll call you 'love'?"