Why Women Wash The Dishes? Prt. 1

Author's Note before we get started...
Based on a Filipino tale with the same title. Same plot but a different twist. I hope you enjoy reading it. Not that good writing a comedic story but I'll try my best.

<Third Person's POV>

Have you ever wonder why women always wash the dishes? Well, it's because of this old tale told by my grandfather when I was little. In New York City, there lived a ninja turtle named Leonardo and his girlfriend, (Y/N).

Everytime Splinter had to train Leo's three brothers to become more skilled ninjas, Leo and (Y/N) had to stay in the lair. When they were finished eating their meal, the couple always quarreled with who was going to wash the dishes. Sometimes, they decide with the 'Rock, Paper, Scissors game' or wrestle each other on the lair. When Leo refuses to do the work, (Y/N) often calls him names or challenges him with a sword fight on the dining table.

One day, Splinter and his three sons went to training earlier than the usual, leaving Leo and (Y/N) on the lair. The sun went up and (Y/N) just woke up, stretching her arms.

When she walked in to the kitchen, she saw her boyfriend cooking some home-made ramen.

"Good morning, love." Leo said.

(Y/N) looked at him in surprise. She knew her boyfriend is a bad cook. Sensed that something disastrous is going to happen. Once Leo was done cooking, he served two bowls of Ramen on the table. (Y/N), on the other hand, turned off the stove beacuse Leo forgot to. They sat down and started eating.

"Itadakimasu." (Thanks for the meal) they both said as they grabbed their chopsticks.

(Y/N) took her first taste at the soup. A second later, her face showed an expression of disgust and immediately ran at the sink and spit.

"Leo! It's too salty! More salty than the seawater!" (Y/N) conplained.

"You should be grateful. I tried my best to cook and all I hear in the end were complaints?! My ramen is delicious though." Leo replied back, taking a sip on the soup. (Y/N) stood and get a glass of water and pour it on her soup. After few cups of water she poured, she got the taste she wanted.

Everything went silent again on the dining area. Minutes later, they both finished their meal. Leonardo stood up on his seat.

"I'm not going to wash the dishes anymore!" he said.

(Y/N) jumped from her seat, "Who says so?" she asked, lifting her chin up higher then her boyfriend's.

"I say so. I have to train in the dojo so everyone will be ready on the patrol when the guys come back." Leo said taking his leave but was stopped by her girlfriend.

"Aaaand who do you think, Mister Leonardo Hamato, is going to wash the dishes?" (Y/N) asked.

Leo pointed his finger to her, "You, of course! You are the woman."

"You've changed, Leo. All you can do is train and train then patrol. Besides, you even meditate or just lie down on the dojo mat or turn on the TV to watch "Space Heroes"! I do ALL the work; I clean, I cook, I wash your clothes, I remove every sider web on the sewers and then you refuse to help me by just washing the dishes?" (Y/N) asked more Raph-like as she took one of Leo's katanas and began to fight him.

"No! Don't you dare to strike me!" he pleaded as the poor ninja hid under the table. "Get out from there, you mutant!" (Y/N) ordered, ready to strike him.

"Put down my sword first!" Leo said.

"Get out there first!"

"My sword, (Y/N)."

"Let's do it on three."

"One... two... three..."

(Y/N) dropped Leo's katana and Leo went out of the table. The two of them sat down again. There is an awkward silence again. Leo formed a smirk on his face.

"I have an idea."

to be continued...