The Blue Moonlight Prt. 5

The night comes as Leo and I jumped from rooftop to rooftop and we watched the city.

"So beautiful up here." I said.

Leo smiled at me. He sat down as I watched the blue night sky. The wind gently blew. I love the feeling of peace and quiet.

"I guess there are no Purple dragons or foot clan here." Leo said as I sat down beside him.

We talked a lot of things, mostly about family. Knowing him more makes my thoughts about him all wrong. He is no bad guy.

"(Y/N), I've been wondering..."

"What is it, Leonardo?"

His eyes soften, "Why you can't call me Leo?"

I smiled. "Because I don't want to." The truth is I don't want my feelings to get developed. But I think I'm failing.

"I want you to call me by my nickname. It's fine for me. We're friends after all." he said.

"Right..... friends." I mumbled.

Leo looked up to the sky. Then, I secretly brought out a knife to stab him. Here I go again...

I was about to do it as I saw ninja stars heading towards us. "Look out!" I warned Leo as we dodged them.

The ninja stars were from the foot soldiers behind us. I quickly hid the knife on my pocket. Now, I remember the last line Shredder said on the phone.

"Very well. If you can't, then I'll take you back by force."

Did the soldiers came to get me?

No! I am not leaving!

I brought out my katana and started fight with the foot soldiers with Leo. We fought like a one strong warrior.

But when there are few remaining soldiers, one of them made a trap and I fell on the ground. There is a foot soldier about to attack me.

"NO!" Leo shouted as he ran and took the blow instead. I got up and took the soldier down.

I rushed into his side and he got a cut but not that deep.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" he asked. Why is he so kind to me. He took that hit to protect me. I was shocked at his action and I'm grateful as well.

"I'm fine but what about you?"

"Don't worry about it." he said as he cleaned his own cut on his arm.

"Why?"

"Hmmm?"

"Why did you save me?" I asked.

Leo smiles as he cupped my right cheek. I want to pull away but I can't. My heart is now racing again.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt, (Y/N). I know they are coming right after you but I won't let anyone touch you." Leo said.

I can't help it. I hugged him as a sign of "Thank you". He hugged me back. In his arms, I felt that I'm protected, I'm safe.

It is strange but that feeling made me wanted to get trapped in his arms.

"Shhhh.... you're safe now." Leo whispered into my ear.

"Let's go back to the lair." I said as he carried me bridal style and head our way back home.

How could I harm a person that he almost sacrifice himself for me?

~To be continued...