Splinter's Book Prt. 5

The sun rises as I went outside the temple with Donnie. I am expected to be ready for 'departure' on 6:00 AM. (Y/N) is not yet here.

"Lord Leo!" a voice came from afar. It's Ryosuke, one of the high vassals yesterday.

"Well, Leo. You should relax for a while." Donnie said as he put my things down. Ryosuke approached me.

"My lord—"

"Uh kindly remove the 'lord'.." I said in a bashful manner.

"Okay then. Lady (Y/N) will be here in three minutes. We will just wait for the carriage then—" suddenly, a galloping like sound from a horse was heard. We saw our own eyes and everyone were surprised. It was (Y/N). She is horse-back riding instead of using a carriage.

"Milady! You do not need a carriage?" Ryosuke asked. (Y/N) shook her head. If we have no carriage, then where do I get a ride?

"Leo. Hop on!" she said.

"What?"

"I said, hop on. We have a long journey to go."

Donnie smiles as he placed my things on the horse's saddle. "Wish you luck, Leo. Have a good time with Lady (Y/N)." he said.

"You're not helping." I replied as I hopped on.

Everything is ready. (Y/N) looked at me, "Hang on, tight. HI-YA!"

The horse started to gallop with full speed. Good thing I hold on to (Y/N) immediately or else I'll fall down. The villagers full-heartedly waved us goodbye as we exited the territory of Kazenami. The temple is still visible from afar but it slowly covered by a fog when we go further.

Our journey is just quiet. No conversations, just the sound of the horse's gallop. From behind, I tried to look at the young Daimyo. She is still the (Y/N) I see everyday. The way she move today, she can't show any sign of pain from her injury.

"Leo?"

"Y-yes, (Y/N)."

"There is a nearby lake coming. We will stop by there and take a rest." she said.

Minutes passed, we had stop by to a lake. The water is blue and crystal clear. Trees were bountiful of fruits that you can choose to eat. The place we went is almost a replica of a paradise. (Y/N) picked some apples and gave me some. Just like our journey a while back, it is still quiet. I took a deep breath and I spoke.

"(Y/N)...I-uh..."

"Yes?"

"Actually, about the fire in Kyoto. I am not thinking during that time when I saved you." I started.

"For me, it is a good decision. What would happen if you didn't appear? Maybe my whole body will be a roasted beef for the Genjis." she said.

You are supposed to been burned alive... in the story.

"Yeah. You're lucky." I commented. The whole place was filled with silence again.

"(Y/N)?"

"I am listening."

"You said you must not die because you have an objective." I started a conversation again.