Splinter's Book Prt. 8

<Leo's POV>

When the meeting was adjourned, I was immediately been sent to my history classes with Mitsu. Although the classes seems so boring, Donnie is there to help me out since he knows more in history. Being the only prince in the Kazenami Clan is too hard as it seems. Now, there are conducting a quiz for me.

"Number eleven, give the complete name of the latest general of Kazenami clan." Mitsu asked.

I immediately got my pen and wrote (Y/N)'s name on my paper. Well, Thank goodness I am sure I'll be getting a point on this one.

By now, (Y/N) and Takeru were still talking just outside the library. They have been talking for hours! Maybe their agendum is purely important. When I passed my paper to Mitsu, (Y/N) and Takeru also went out of the hall.

"Are you sure about this, (Y/N)-sama? That will be a difficult task." Takeru said.

"Indeed." She answered, "But if you do this, they will think that my forces aren't prepared enough to fight them. I can only entrust his critical mission to you, as my adviser."

Takeru bowed down as he took his leave. (Y/N) then made her way to the library. "How's the lessons for Leonardo, Mitsu?" she asked.

"Well..." Mitsu scanned my quiz papers. "The prince's performance is improving, Milady." He replied.

(Y/N) smiled at me, "Well done, Leo. Meet me on the castle gates right after."

Before I could reply, she turned her back and left. (Y/N)'s having a plan again on her mind. If this will be an another date, I would rather have some tea with her. Right after the lessons, I changed my attire and went outside. (Y/N)'s not there on the said place. Instead, I met Ryosuke at the corridors.

"Leo-sama!" he called out.

"Hey, Ryosuke-san. I thought you are having your shooting lessons with Takeru." I said.

"I'm done with my lesson. Takeru's a boring teacher." Oh right, Takeru and him doesn't get along with each other. "Waiting for Lady Leanina, your highness?"

"Uh.. yes. But please remove the 'your highness' part."

"I... can't do that. That will be a sign of disrespect to you, my lord. Hmmm... I think you guys are close recently." He refers to me and (Y/N).

"Close...uhh.." he chose a wrong topic! I always stammer when it comes to (Y/N). "I...uh... yeah."

Ryosuke smiled at me, " I have seen that (Y/N) had changed. She's more happier than before."

"Because she survived on that fire in Kyoto." I continued and I can't tell him that she's supposed to be dead on that night.

"No, it's not."

I paused for a moment, looking at Ryosuke's serious expression.

"It is because someone helped her to have a new life after that near-to-death dilemma. And that is you." He said, his words making me surprised.

He sat down on a wooden chair as he gazes the vast blue sky. I sat down beside him as well. What I remembered is Ryosuke is one of (Y/N)'s bravest and loyal vassals and he was the most affected by the Daimyo's death according to the story.

"The (Y/N) I knew since I was a child is a self-centered, emotionless ninja, then a samurai, promoted to a vassal, became a princess and eventually a daimyo. But the only thing that makes me admire on the daimyo is the pure kindness in her heart." He said. I smiled on his statement as a sign of agreeing on his words.

"To be honest, milord. I fell in love with (Y/N) before."

My eyes grew wide. "You did?" I asked.

The vassal nod his head. "There are a lot of countless times (Y/N) saved me even if we were still ninjas. I though that she had developed feelings for me. But I was wrong. She told me that she wanted to preserve our friendship if she says yes." He told me. I never knew this man who's popular to girls only looks up on to (Y/N).

"And she was right, we build an inseparable alliance with me as her vassal. I can only show my love is to protect her." He added, "So please, Leo. Please continue making her happy."

We made a friendly handshake, it is a miracle when after a conversation with Ryosuke, I realized my true feelings for (Y/N). "I will, Ryosuke-san."

"Leo! Ryosuke!"

We both turned as (Y/N) approaches us with her horse. I immediately hopped on and we exited the gates of the temple, waving Ryosuke goodbye. And I can see from afar that tears were formed in his face. Those were tears of joy, seeing his love happy and well.

While riding, (Y/N) and I watched the sun sets. She make her horse stop from galloping as we stopped by the lake.

"The hue of the sky is beautiful." (Y/N) looked up to the sky on awe. I took this rare opportunity as I gently gave the Daimyo a back hug. I knew she was surprised on my sudden action. "Just like you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) formed a smile on her face. Looking at it makes me blush. Her smile is the rarest treasure that I can't ever lose or replace by something. We played on the waters of the lake and splashed each other like children. If her smile is rare, her genuine laugh is more ultra rare.

"Leo?"

"Hmmm?" 

"I love you." She said and she looked at my flushed face.

"Me too." I whispered.

"Do you think your family will be surprised about this?" she asked. Well, how can I say to Master Splinter that the great blue-eyed yokai daimyo in his story and his eldest son had fallen on love with each other?

"Donnie and my brothers will be surprised, of course." I said.

"You have more brothers aside from Tello?"

"I do. There's me the eldest, Raphael, Donatello who's here with us, and Michelangelo. We are living with our father. His name his Hamato Yoshi, a master ninja." Wow, I never knew (Y/N) and I talked about our families. I decided to make our discussion longer.

"So, mind if you tell me more about your family?" I said as she and I walked by the shore of the lake.

"Well, it's just my deceased mother and the former daimyo of Kazenami, my father. I am their sole child but I do have cousins who lives in every part of the Japan. Some of them worked as ninjas or vassals from the leaders under of my authority." She said.

"And they are..." I am asking for the names of her cousins.

She stopped and counts her fingers. "Uhhh...they are... uh.. from the eldest to youngest..."

After three seconds, the thing happened next makes my head dizzy.

"Jugemu, Jugemu II, Gokōno, Surikire, Kaijari, Suigyo-no, Suigyōmatsu, Unraimatsu, Fūraimatsu Kūneruto, Koroni, Sumutokoro, Yabura, Kōjino, Burakōji , Paipo, Paipo II, Paipo III, Shūringan, Shūringan II, Gūrindai, Gūrindaino, Ponpokopīno, Ponpokonāno, Chōkyūmeino, and Chōsuke."

(reference Longest Name in Anime <Fullmetal Alchemist>)

And woah, I know samurai families tend to have four or five members of the family but (Y/N)'s list of her cousins caught me off-guard. I know one day I will be going to meet them one by one.

"Glad I ask." I said.

"Me too."

Then silence filled the atmosphere again. (Y/N) finally spoke.

"Leo?"

"Yes?"

"I can only invite them in Kazenami Castle in a one certain way." She said.

"And what was that?" I asked.

(Y/N) pulled me on an embrace. I hugged her back and let her trapped into my arms.

"After finishing this in two or three weeks time, let's get married."