2- 57. Serenity (FINALE)

RECAP: Guys I am LITERALLY crying as I finish this last chapter MY WIG IS IN A COMA.
The next one will be the epilogue, and then Yukio and Rin's endings.
(Play the music for a more emotional chapter.)

I held my arms tighter, and gazed into his furious eyes once more before saying, "Whoever wins replaces the role of their opponent."
Arthur raised an eyebrow and said from behind the barrier, "You're going to have to be more clear, little girl."

My flames grew hotter, and my glare grew stronger.

"I mean, whoever wins gets to stay in the mortal world, and the other dissipates into Gahenna."

Satan became the snake, and I appeared the lion.

_________________________________

Satan scoffed at my words.

But then he smiled.

He smiled, so devilishly, so menacingly...
    It almost seemed unfair.

"So, you bastard? You taking the deal or not?" I asked, giving myself room for an intense ready stance.
    Rin immediately grabbed my arm, pulling me behind him and reprimanding me.
    "Y/N, you're not making that deal. I swear on my own goddamn name–"

But of course, I didn't listen. The thing we couldn't afford right now was time.

"If you're not going to do something about that prick," I pointed to Satan. "Or your classmates," I signaled the the kind, loving people who watched over the both of us so dearly. "Or your brother, or me," I finished, glaring into his furious orbs and shoving his chest. "Then don't bother staying by my side."

His expression hurt me.
    I hurt (to say that) more than he did—but he didn't know that. He didn't have to.

I knew as I walked away, something was going through his head. I knew he wasn't really hurt. He was mad. He was mad at me.
    And when he's mad, he has a plan to resolve whatever made him feel defiant.

As I strode away, I could feel his gaze burn a hole through me intently.

But he had a plan.
    And so did I, and we both knew it.

"Alright, asshole," I grimaced, standing face to face with Satan. Satan himself—the demon who wanted to kill me.
    And if I didn't win, everything would go to Hell. Most literally.
    "Oh, my," Satan chuckles lightly, tracing a thumb over his weapon. "Already, Dear?"
    In that instant, he disappeared.

The fight was officially started.

I looked around, saying over and over in my head, what would Yukio do? What would he do...?

I glanced over to the gunslinger who watched me immensely, shooting daggers into my eyes.
    He was saying something. He wanted to tell me something... But what? What was it?

Yukio knew something I didn't.

Suddenly, my opponent appeared behind me, his katana to my neck, lightly grazing my skin.
    "It's no fun if I kill you now," he smirked, tapping my collarbone unconsciously with his skinny fingers.

That was it. That was all I needed to know.

It wasn't just me who was anxious.
    It was him, too.
    Opponents only get nervous if they know that have a weak side to show, especially in battle.

I could feel Yukio again.

It was on the tip of my tongue now. What was it?

Out of reflex, I threw my elbow backwards to hit him, but he disappeared too quick.

Step one.
    As he appeared again, he swung his weapon to me in the air, but I quickly dodged it, throwing flames at him—but it wasn't enough.
    And that was good.