05

I looked at the time on my phone. 7:36. I shrugged in contentment since it was a good time to leave for my 8am. Randy was still asleep so I gathered my things quietly.

I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me softly. When I walked out of the building, I noticed Parker sitting on the bench where we had first really talked four nights prior to today.

"Hi, Parker," I smiled at him and gave him a wave. "What are you doing out here?"

"Waiting on you," he said, smiling as well. "I was thinking we could walk to class together."

"Of course," I nodded as we started walking. We had discovered that we had three classes together so I was glad he decided to escort me. It made walking into the class a lot less awkward.

"How have you been? Has Austin tried to mess with you?" He asked as we walked down the scolding hot sidewalk.

"No," I shook my head. "I've kept far away from him. I know Randy is somewhat seeing his best friend, Lenny."

"No, Lenny is a cool guy. He just has a mouth on him," Parker laughed, showing his dimples. It was his best and most noticeable feature. "But he is definitely no Austin."

"I didn't know I could dislike someone so much without knowing them well," I chuckled.

Along the way, Parker and I joked and laughed about pretty much everything. I was so glad I had found a friend that I click with and was just like me. Well, we aren't just alike. He isn't as strict on school as I am. He drinks, smokes, and hooks up with girls, but he doesn't talk about it much and certainly does not pressure me into doing it with him.

We got to class about 7:56 which, for me, was a little bit too late. We took our seats at the front of the lecture room and waited on class to begin.

Once it did, time flew by. Maybe because I was enjoying the class and it interested me. When it was over, Parker and I got up and walked up the stairs to the exit.

"Got any plans for lunch?" Parker asked me.

"Yeah, sure. Because I have so many friends," I laughed.

"Well I didn't know, maybe you were eating with Randy," he laughed too, walking at the same pace as I through the media building.

"I-uh, I don't think she likes me too much," I said, playing with my fingers.

"Of course she does," Parker reassured me. "You guys are roommates and you're awesome. Those are both pretty big factors on why she has to like you."

"She doesn't have to," I said. "We're just so different and I'm not sure she likes my ways."

"Well, you don't like her ways, now do you?" He raised his eyebrows. "You can't always judge someone based on the choices they make that deals with things you don't like. You judge them based on how they treat you."

"I really like Randy," I assured him. "I think she's awesome. And in some ways, I wish I could be like her."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I wish I were more care free," I sighed. We found a table in the building we were in and sat down. "Everyone tells me I'm a snob but I'm not. I just have a tough exterior to crack and people don't like that."

"You don't ever have to wish to be like someone else, Olivia," Parker put his lips together. "But if you want to be more care free, start by trying something new. An alcoholic drink, a kiss, something. Change is good. It can't hurt."

"You're right," I nodded. "Thanks Parker."

"Anytime," he smiled, putting his hand out for a fist bump. I put my fist to his and chuckled. "Now, let's go get some food. I'm starving."