21

[POSSIBLE TRIGGER: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]

I woke up from my nap to my phone ringing. My heart beat out of my chest as I seen Austin's name flash across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered in a groggy voice.

"Were you asleep?" he asked.

"Yes," I chuckled. "Do you need something?

It had been a couple of days since I had seen Austin.

"You're coming to my party tonight," he said, so sure of himself.

"Okay," I agreed. It could be fun.

"I'm picking you up," He continued. I smiled to myself.

"I need to get ready. When will you be here?" I asked him.

"I'm already here," he replied. I chuckled.

"Okay, give me a minute," I said before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Randy asked as she sat on her laptop.

"Oh, it was Austin," I said, not being able to stop smiling like an idiot because of him. "I assume you're going to his party tonight."

"Oh?" She raised her eyebrows as she looked at me. "And yes, of course."

"Good," I smiled and started getting ready.

When I walked outside, Austin was waiting outside of his car by the curb.

"Hello," he smiled as I reached the passenger side of his car.

"Hi," I shot him a smile back. He pulled me closer to him and pushed my hair back, kissing my lips softly. This felt different. A good different.

I kissed him back, resting my hands on either side of him. He pulled away and looked down at me. I never wanted to stop kissing him.

"You look pretty," he complimented me before opening my door.

"Who are you and what have you done with Austin?" I chuckled, getting into the passenger seat. He laughed too and walked around to his side, getting in and starting the car.

"Mama told me when I was young," Austin sang as we rode down the road. He had his left hand on the wheel and the other one resting on the gear shift. "Come sit beside me, my only son."

"And listen closely to what I say," I swayed my head back and forth as I sang. He looked at me and smiled. "And if you do this, it'll help you some sunny day."

"I like you," Austin said, turning back to look at the road.

"So I've heard," I chuckled.

We soon pulled up at his house. No one was here yet, considering it was only 7:00. Lenny and Taylor were in the living room playing the Play Station when we walked in.

"I'll be right back," Austin said, walking upstairs. I turned to Lenny and Taylor.

"Hey, guys," I said. They ignored me. They were super into this game. "Oh. Okay."

Austin soon came back downstairs with a different t-shirt on. Wow, he looked good in yellow.

"Wanna go downstairs and watch a movie or play a game?" He asked and then looked at me suggestively. "Or we could do something else if you know what I mean."

"What movies do you have?" I asked and he laughed.

"Come on," he said, taking my hand and leading me down the stairs to the basement.

"What time does the party start?" I asked him.

"Nine," he replied and then walked over to a huge movie case. "What's a movie you love?"