22

"I really don't want you to go," Randy pouted as I gathered my last bag of clothing to take home. "Please stay."

"I'm just going home until after fall break," I told her. "I'll still be in classes. I'll come see you, I just don't want to be here right now."

"I'm so sorry Lenny did that to you, O," She hugged me.

"I'm sorry he done it to you," I replied, hugging her back. "I know how you felt about him."

"Don't even worry about me," She looked at me. "I've had plenty of trash boyfriends. He's just added to the list."

I chuckled and looked at her, waiting for her to say something else.

"There are so many people that want you here. He won't be getting near you," She said. "I wish you'd stay."

"I'll be back," I nodded. "I just think that being home right now would help me think about some things. Not just about Lenny, but Austin too. I'm having some weird feelings that I'm not sure of."

"Well, do what's best for you, boo," she smiled. "I love you and will be so lonely without you here, but I want you happy."

"I love you, too. And I will be extra lonely as well. I'll miss your snoring," I laughed and she punched my arm.

"Shut up," she said as there was a knock on our door. Austin walked in and looked at us.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and he grabbed my bags, walking out of the door with them.

He didn't have much to say about me leaving, but I didn't really expect him to. We weren't a thing. I wanted to be, but that wasn't reality.

He put my bags in the backseat of his car as I got into it. I sighed when he got in and turned it on.

The ride was silent until we were halfway there.

"I don't want you to go," he said. "I know it isn't for long, but I'm scared I'll miss you."

"Scared? Why?" I asked, looking at him as he gripped the steering wheel.

"I don't really know what it's like to miss someone," he admitted. "And the fact you might be the first person I miss scares me."

"I guess I don't understand," I said after a minute of thinking.

"You don't have to," he said. There was no music playing, which was strange. "Olivia, I can't apologize enough for what happened."

"It isn't your fault," I assured him.

"Can I ask why you went upstairs with him in the first place?" He asked very nicely which shocked me.

"He said he wanted to show me something," I shook my head. "And to be honest, I was hoping it was your room."

"You know I don't like people in there, did he go in there? Did you?" He asked frantically. There's no way this was just about personal space. What was he hiding from everyone?

"No, calm down," I looked at him funny. "Why is it such a big deal?"

"It just is, okay?" He snapped. "I don't ask for much from anyone. Just to not go in my fucking room. Is that so hard?"

"Austin, chill out," I looked at him, raising my voice as well.

"Whatever," he scoffed, grabbing the steering wheel tighter.

"Why are you so mad?" I asked, sincerely curious.

"Don't worry about it," he said in a blunt tone.

I ignored him for the rest of the ride and soon we were at my house. He got out and gave me my bags, leaning in for a kiss. I pecked his lips and then looked away, sure he was still mad at me.

"I already miss you," he sighed. I looked up at him and smiled. He kissed me again, longer this time.

"I'll be back soon," I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me.

"Have fun and be safe," he said before kissing my forehead. "I will see you soon."

"Bye," I nodded as he got in his car and pulled off. I was genuinely upset.

I grabbed my two duffel bags and walked into the house. My mom was standing in the foyer and I knew she seen us kiss but I was going to try to deny it.

"Olivia," she glared. "Who was that?"

"Oh, just a friend," I smiled, sitting my bags down. "How are you?"

"I'll be better when you quit lying to me," she looked at me with disgust.

"He's just a boy I met mom, it's nothing serious," I brushed it off.

"I told you no boys at all, but a boy like him? Seriously, Olivia? Are you not better than that?" She scoffed at me, crossing her arms.

"He's a really good person, mom," I tried to assure her.

"I don't give a damn if he's a saint, you are to not see him again!" She raised her voice. I immediately wanted to cry. No, this can't be happening.

"Mom, really, once you meet him, you-," I started but she cut me off.

"Meet him?" She chuckled. "No, no, no, baby doll. He's to be out of your life now. There is no purpose in meeting him."

"Mom," I pleaded. "He treats me well. Isn't that enough?"

"I'm sorry, Olivia," she shook her head. "If you want to continue seeing him, you will not be welcome back here."

"You have to be joking," I said, crying now. "He isn't even a bad guy. You just think so because of what he chooses to do with his body. That's it. You hate tattoos and piercings."

"Olivia, enough," my mom said. "Go unpack and then come down for dinner."

I walked in a gloomy manner up the stairs and laid on my bed. I cried out of frustration. How can my mom judge someone so harshly based on how they look? Oh right, because she's my mom.

I didn't go back downstairs for dinner. And I didn't answer the numerous texts I had from Austin.

I wanted him to blow my phone up all night even though I wasn't answering, but that wasn't like Austin. After the fourth message, he got the hint and stopped.

I rolled over in bed and soon drifted off to sleep, hoping I would feel better tomorrow than I did today.

a/n: trying to update in the spare time i have because i don't have a lot.

this chapter pissed me right off & i fucking wrote it lmao. thanks for 5k reads guys!