45

gravity // john mayer

"Super Trouper lights are gonna find me but I won't feel blue, like I always do, 'cause somewhere in the crowd there's you," Parker and I sang as we watched Mamma Mia! There was no stopping us when we watched musicals together.

Parker had invited me over and of course I accepted. He seemed to be pretty busy lately so when he asked to hang out, I was excited.

"I am so hungry," I complained and looked at Parker.

"Me, too," He nodded. "What time is it?"

"10:13," I said, looking at my phone.

"Postmates," He grabbed his phone. I laughed. "There's a Chinese place open."

"Ooh, crab rangoons sound amazing," I raved. "I want two orders."

"I want honey chicken," he said, tapping on his phone. "And a couple of your rangoons."

"Absolutely not," I shook my head.

"We'll see," he smirked. I chuckled. He placed the order about the same time my phone chimed.

I stared at my phone

I stared at my phone. There's no way this was who I thought it was. Austin wouldn't do this to me, would he? I decided to text back.

Olivia: Who is this?
Unknown: oh you know exactly who this is. austin just won't stay away no matter what he says.

I threw my phone across the room and started crying.

"Olivia, what's wrong?" Parker asked me, scooting towards me.

"Austin is with Zoe," I told him, wiping my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," he shook his head, hugging me tightly. "You don't deserve this."

"You're right. You know what? I told him," I looked at Parker. "I told him if he called her, we were done. And so I'm done. Whatever."

"I don't even know what to say right now," Parker shook his head.

"It's fine, I was obviously just wasting my time anyway," I looked down at my hands.

Parker paused the movie that neither of us were watching now and got off of the couch. He walked over to his bluetooth speaker and turned it on, playing a song on his phone.

"Come on," he held his hand out to me. "Let's dance."

I smiled and took his hand. He pulled me off of the couch and closer to him.

"Parker," I laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What?" He smiled. "I'm trying to make you feel better. Plus, I've always wanted to dance with you."

I gave in and rested my head on his chest, swaying to John Mayer's voice. I couldn't help but think about how Parker would never treat me the way Austin has.

I just hope Zoe makes Austin happy.

"Parker," I looked up at him.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I'm sorry I never gave you a chance," I told him, looking back down.

"Don't apologize," He pulled me closer to him. "I'm just glad to have you in my life."

"I thought I treated Austin so well," I cried into Parker's chest as he rubbed my back. "I tried to show him that someone could love him. And I did, I still do. So much."

"I'm sure everything will work out how it's supposed to," He said quietly. "I just hate seeing you like this."

"I'm sorry," I sniffled. "I'll stop crying."

"Olivia, you don't have to. I'm here for you," He told me. Parker really was charming. And he deserved someone to love him as well.

"I know you don't like him and I don't really like him right now either but there's no changing the fact I love him," I shook my head. "And I really don't know how to deal with this."

"It's okay," he rubbed my back again. "You don't have to know. That's what life is about. Figuring things out as you go."

"I just don't understand why I let myself get hurt like this. I went into it knowing he was going to let me down," I cried. "But I really thought I had changed him."

"As much as I hate to say it, you can't change someone like Austin," Parker sighed. And he was right.

"I just have no idea how to deal with this situation. I mean why does Zoe feel the need to send me a picture? Also, I can't get the thought of what they might be doing right now out of my head and it's driving me cra-"

I was cut off by Parker's lips on mine. What an unusual feeling. I didn't know what to do, I was so in shock.

"Olivia, I am so sorry," Parker said as he pulled away. "I just wanted to make you feel better and I didn't know how. I'm sorry. Oh my God."

Instead of responding, I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me again, crashing my lips into his. He immediately kissed me back.

It definitely was no Austin Post kiss, but if he was having fun, why can't I?

a/n: sorry this chapter is really short. i had a TERRIBLE day. i'm super homesick & it's been weighing on me. but i thought a short chapter was better than no chapter at all, right?

soooo i bet y'all didn't see that twist coming. or maybe you did and i'm just super predictable.

alyyy94 inspired me with some ideas she had for the book so i thank her a lot for that!!