30

big jet plane // angus & julia stone

My chest felt heavy as I walked out of the bathroom. I let out a deep breath and made my way back to my friends.

"Everything okay?" Parker asked as I stood beside him.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I guess so."

"There should only be a couple more songs," Randy turned around to Parker and I. Her and Taylor were in their own world, which was fine.

As the band played, I started swaying. Parker wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned back into him. This was.. nice.

"Get your hands off of her," A faint voice came from behind us. I turned around to see Austin fuming. "Now."

"Austin," I said, pulling away from Parker. He looked at me in shock. "Not now. Please."

"First of all, you need to back the fuck up," Parker pushed past me and stepped to him. They were the same height, except Austin was much more intimidating. "You need to leave her alone."

"Or what, Hummel?" Austin taunted, shoving Parker back a little. "You gonna beat me up?"

"Hey, man," Taylor stepped between them. "Let's not do this in here."

"We can go outside," Austin shrugged. "Maybe then he'll stop touching my girl."

"She's not your girl," Parker yelled at him.

"Stop!" I said to both of them. "People are trying to enjoy the rest of the concert and you two are ruining it."

Parker huffed and walked towards the exit. I followed after him. And then Austin followed after me. Oh boy.

"Parker, calm down," I said, grabbing his arm. "Just go home and lay down. I'll be over soon."

"You're seriously going to stay here with him?" He asked me. I thought for a second and then nodded. "Whatever, Olivia."

Parker shrugged me off and that hurt more than anything. I felt terrible.

"What the fuck do you want?!" I turned to Austin.

"Oh, princess said a bad word?" Austin smirked.

"You're just awful, you know? Y-you make me say curse words!" I yelled at him. "How can you  have the nerve to bring another girl here and then tell one of my best friends to stop touching me?!"

"There's a difference," Austin sighed. No. There isn't. "You're easily persuaded. I'm not."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I breathed.

"All Parker has to do is pretend to be interested in your stupid fucking life just a little bit more and you'll start liking him," He said. "I know from experience."

"Well," I said quietly. "You won't have to pretend anymore."

I turned away from him and he grabbed my arm, turning me around towards him. 

"Did I say I was still pretending?" He asked me, looking into my eyes as to search for something.

"I don't know what you want from me, Austin," I said, holding back tears. "I don't want to do this anymore if we're just going in circles."

"Circles are my favorite shape," he joked and I laughed a little bit.

"Stop," I hit him lightly. "Don't make me smile. I'm so mad at you."

"Why?" He questioned.

"You literally told my friend not to touch me," I huffed. "Not cool."

"He wants to be more than friends," He said confidently.

"Oh, come on," I rolled my eyes. "No, he doesn't."

"Yes. He does," Austin crossed his arms. "And even if he didn't, I don't like people touching what's mine."

"I'm not yours," I said. Oh but I was.

"You are," He nodded.

"How can I be yours if you aren't mine?" I asked even though I knew the answer to that question all too well. It was very possible. I had been living it.

"I'm yours, Olivia," he towered over me. "And I think you know that."

I looked up at him as he gave me a half smile. He leaned down to kiss me softly as hands traveled to either side of my head, deepening the kiss. I knew I shouldn't have given into him. But I couldn't help it.

The concert ended and people started piling out of the doors.

"I guess I should go find Randy and Taylor," I sighed, pulling away from him.

"They're fine," he assured me. "Let's go for a walk."

"A walk?" I asked.

He nodded, "A walk."

We walked down the sidewalk, close together. We didn't speak, just looked around at the nightlife. Drunk girls carrying their heels on their fingers, drunk guys dancing in the streets.

It was inspiring, truly. But not as inspiring as when I turned to look at Austin and he was already smiling at me.

"Olivia," he broke the silence that was only filled by cars passing by and our footsteps on the concrete.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked, not looking at him.

"I like you a lot," he admitted. "And I know that I don't do a very good job of showing it. But I just, uh- I wanted you to know that I do like you."

"I like you, too, Austin," I finally looked at him to crack a small smile. "Even though I don't understand why or how."

"It must be hard to like me," he sighed. "I know that, and I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, I know I'm hard to like, too," I nodded. "I'm not the kind of person you usually associate with."

"No, that's the thing. You're too easy to like," he shook his head. "And it drives me crazy that you've gotten into my head like you have."

"I know how you feel," I agreed with the last part. Seriously, I couldn't get Austin out of my head.

"I want to show you something," Austin turned to me.

"What is it?" I asked him, looking over at him.

"My room."

a/n: i really liked this chapter, wby??? i love them so much!

& if you guys want to be friends, just message me!!! we can talk about anything, i love talking lmao.

i hope you guys are enjoying. xoxo.