34

[MATURE]

i found // amber run

Things had been going great between Austin and I. But I couldn't help but want him to feel the same way about me. In my heart, I felt like he did. I felt like he loved me. But he didn't and that was the reality of it.

I had went and got a few more records- people I had never really heard of- and was laying in my bed listening to them until my phone rang. I smiled as I seen a picture of Austin that I snuck flash across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, babe," he said. His voice made my heart thump out of my chest.

"Hi," I said back. "What's up?"

"Thinking about you, if you know what I mean," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes as I blushed.

"Gross," I said to him. But really, I thought it was extremely hot.

"Whatever you love it," he replied. "So listen. I want to take you on a date tonight."

"Really? Where are we going?" I asked, sitting up in my bed.

"Don't worry about that," He told me. "Be ready by eight."

Before I could say anything else, he hung up the phone. I shook my head as I smiled. I was too excited. I had an hour and a half to get ready.

As I was rummaging through my closet to find something to wear, Randy walked in.

"Hey," she said, sitting her purse downe. "Where are you going?"

"Austin asked me on a date," I blushed, turning back around to find something.

"Hmm, Austin Post buying a girl an expensive gift and taking her on dates," she said, sitting on her bed. "Monogamy looks good on him."

I laughed at her.

"We aren't even together, you could hardly call that monogamy," I rolled my eyes.

"But he isn't seeing anyone else," she walked over to me and grabbed a white dress. "This."

"Cute," I nodded. She also grabbed a jean jacket that I used to wear with everything.

"Oh God, you're gonna look precious," she smiled.

"Thanks," I laughed at her. I laid the outfit on my bed and then walked into the bathroom to shower.

After I showered, I dried my hair and done my makeup. I wasn't big on makeup, so I only put on a little bit. I put on the outfit Randy picked out along with some brown wedges.

"You're too damn cute, ugh," Randy scoffed. I chuckled and thanked her. "You better get some dick tonight."

"Oh, we've never uh, had sex," I told her.

"Still?" She looked confused. "You must have him whipped as hell."

"Why?" I asked her.

"I don't want to seem rude but he only cares about sex. So the fact you guys haven't fucked yet says a lot about how he feels about you," she told me.

"I just feel like since he hasn't tried, he doesn't really like me," I shrugged.

"Oh no, he likes you. A shit ton," she raised her eyebrows. "You know, I've dated two guys that are friends with Austin. They both have been so scared that he's going to hurt you."

"I don't think he will," I shook my head. He wouldn't, would he?

"I didn't know a lot about Austin before Lenny and Taylor. They have told me I need to tell you to not get too close to him because he's going to break your heart," she said. Wow that makes me feel great. "But I never said anything to you because I had hope for you two. And I'm glad I didn't say anything."