51

feeling whitney // post malone

Austin and I laid in his bed, breathing heavily. It made me blush just thinking about what we had done. Austin's arm wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him. I cuddled into him, pulling the comforter over me.

"That was amazing," he said, looking at me. "You're amazing."

I smiled as he kissed my forehead. I grabbed his hand and played with his fingers, thinking about who I was before him. I didn't exist.

"I love you," I looked up at him. He gave me a small smile and got closer to me, kissing my lips softly. He pulled away and ran his fingers through my messy hair.

"I want to show you something," He told me, getting out of bed. He pulled his shorts on and threw me his t-shirt. I slipped it over my head as I watched him walk over to his desk.

"You're still writing," I smiled as he handed me a piece of paper.

"Yes," he nodded, sitting on the bed in front of me. "But this time, it's a song."

I looked down at the paper and read the lyrics.

And I've been looking for someone to put up with my bullshit.
I can't even leave my bedroom so I keep pouring.
And I ain't seen the light of day since, well, that's not important.
It's been long.
And I was feeling Whitney, me and my homies sip Houston.

I looked up at Austin. He was sad. And that made my heart sink. I continued down the page until I stopped just a few lines later.

To each their own and find peace in knowing.
Ain't always broken, but here's to hoping.
Show no emotion, against your coding.
Just act as hard as you can.
You don't need a friend.
Boy, you're the man.

I read the rest of the lyrics poured out on the page. Austin is talented.

"Austin, you're an amazing songwriter," I looked at him, giving the paper back to him. "But what's wrong? Why are you so sad?"

"Liv," He shook his head. "I wrote the song about how I felt before I met you."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Before I met you, I was in a dark place. I filled the hole in me with sex and drugs," He admitted. "I had friends, money, and pretty much everything I needed. But it didn't seem like enough for me."

"But you seemed like you had everything figured out when we met," I told him. I didn't understand where any of this was coming from.

"I didn't," he shrugged. "You've completely turned my world upside down, Olivia McNeil."

"I don't even know what to say," I sighed. "But I know that you're an amazing person with a talent for stuff like this. You need to keep writing songs."

"I don't even know what to write about," He shrugged.

"You've never had that problem before," I scoffed. "You're an amazing writer. Write about the life you've had, the life you have, and the life you want. Write about everything."

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asked me. I hugged his arm, closing my eyes and smiling.

"Yeah but I can listen to you say it a couple million more times," I smiled up at him. He leaned down and kissed my nose as I scrunched it.

"Well, I do love you," He said. "A whole fuck ton. And I'm so sorry it took me so long to realize it."

"Hush," I put a finger over his lips. "The important thing is you love me now."

"That I do," he smiled before walking over to his guitar. He picked it up and sat back down on the bed. "I just need a tune for this little song."

"Don't ask for help on that," I chuckled. "I'm no good with music."

"Well, just sit here and look pretty," he smiled. I was glad Austin and I were getting along. I wanted it to always be like this.

He strummed his guitar as I watched him. He tried for a while to get a tune going. But once he did, you couldn't stop him. He was doing what he loved and I enjoyed watching him.

"I had eighty beers on Tuesday night, I had nothing to do with it," He sang as he strummed. The tune went well with the lyrics. "I put on a little Dwight and sang a happy tune."

I sat there and listened to him. He was pretty happy with the end result. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down the notes. It was amazing watching him in action.

"Maybe once you get the chords down, Randy can film a video of you performing it and we can put it on YouTube," I suggested.

"Oh, no," he chuckled. "This is for us only. I don't want anyone to hear my music."

"Why, Austin?" I asked. "You're so talented. I know people would love you."

"Yeah, sure they might," he nodded. "But things like this are better when they're personal."

"It's still personal because you wrote it," I told him. "It's just that other people will be listening."

"I don't know, Liv," he shook his head. "If I change my mind about it, you'll be the first to know."

"Okay, then," I said. "Just trying to help."

"I know," he smiled, pulling me into his lap. "You're the best girlfriend anyone could ask for.

Girlfriend?

a/n: so who's excited that there's gonna be a sequel?! i am!!