Mute

I do not own RVB, just my OC. Also, I chose purple and white for her colors just to make some difference. Enjoy! I repeat, I DO NOT OWN RED VS BLUE. I am just a huge fan of the series and could recite most of it's best known lines by heart. This is just a story that has been on my mind for a long time.

I sat, mutely staring at Sister as she talked on and on about yet another rave shes going to throw. I internally sighed, it had been so long since I made my decision to not speak again until Project Freelancer fell, for my safety and the information I knew. I remember when I first crashed near Blood Gulch after escaping Freelancer command.....

I looked around my crash site frantically, finding all the stuff that I had stolen after I discovered them. There was a data chip containing all the Project Freelancer files I could get my hands on. But the most treasured thing I stole was an AI and some sort of freelance tech, I don't know if either worked, especially the AI as it wasn't one of the more important fragments but I knew it would help me prove my case once Project Freelancer fell.

I looked around the ship I stole, finding Simulation Trooper armor dyed lime green. I looked at my deep purple armor with white highlights and sighed, I would have to bury it somewhere safe. I changed into the lime green armor, put my old armor in a box, and strung the data chip through some string to wear around my neck for safe keeping. I found some purple paint and grimaced at the mix but I knew it would help with the look of being a dumb sim trooper. I carefully painted the purple on my new lime green armor and stood, looking at myself in the cracked window of the pelican.

I took off my helmet and frowned, I couldn't sleep in my armor 24/7, I guess I could cut my long hair short and hopefully order some hair dye at whatever sim trooper base I found. I picked up the AI and sighed, I couldn't keep the AI in here but I also couldn't take it with me. I decided I had no choice but to take it with me. I ejected its card.

"Um, hello?" I asked, feeling stupid. The card flickered and a deep blue hologram of an AI appeared.

"Hello, Agent Vermont, I am the AI designated Tau. Wait, how did I know that? Um sorry, I'm just a little confused." He said.

Huh, I thought, is Tau the Alpha's confusion? What an odd trait to split off.

"Its ok Tau, you are going to be staying with me for a while, but if everything gets too confusing I can turn off your chip for a while, ok?"

"O-ok. Can you please explain our position at the moment? I do not remember crashing in a pelican." He said.

"It's fine, I crashed it, when I was trying to save us from dying. But once we step out of this crashed ship you must keep quiet, Tau. We are being hunted and so you cannot appear, only talk in my helmet, and I won't be talking either. My voice is too recognizable so I have to become mute. It will help us hide better too." I said, staring at the little AI as it dropped its head.

"Then I accept these terms. But I am still very confused." He said.

"I will do my best to help you with that, Tau." I said as I inserted the chip into the back of my helmet.

'You ok up there?' I thought.

'Yes, I am just reading everything this suits memory contains, it's very interesting.' Tau replied in my head.

I chuckled, put the memory unit into the box with my armor, locked it and put the key on the thread of string around my neck that I hid in my armor plates. I picked up the armor enhancement and plugged it into my armor, curious to test it out at some point. I picked up the box, walked a decent distance away, set it down, and threw three grenades at the pelican to turn it into unrecognizable pieces.