Season 6 Episode 3

'What about me?' Tau said sadly, 'Will you hand me over to the UNSC for evidence?'

'No, you have become a close friend, Tau, I am keeping you with me.' I thought back as I followed Wash.

"What's up with that bag, did you like start packing it the minute I left blue base?" Wash asked.

I pretend chuckled and nodded and pointed to the ground.

He seemed to understand, "You planned on joining me on this mission as soon as you heard what I asked?"

I nodded vigorously.

"Huh. The mute one of this cannon is the smart one." Wash muttered.

I pretended to break down laughing.

"So are you really mute?" Wash asked.

I nodded as we got on the pelican.

"What caused that?" He asked.

I pulled out another piece of paper as we sat down and wrote. 'Fought some aliens in the war, suffered an injury to my vocal cords so they sent me here instead.'

I wrote this as Tau made up the story.

"Oh , I'm sorry, I guess you have more training than the average Sim trooper then?" Wash asked.

I wrote, 'Yes, I am the best at stealth though, I stole all the junk foods from red base for years.'

Wash chuckled, "So, what's your real name? Or do you prefer Mutey?" He asked as the pilot called out that we were nearly there.

'I hated Mutey at first, but I have grown to like it. It was Caboose's idea.' I wrote down before folding up the paper.

Wash stared at me in shock, "Is this Caboose this odd?"

I nodded my head.

'Hey, Caboose is awesome.' Tau said.

Caboose is the only other person to have met Tau and that was by accident. The one time Tau appeared in hologram form in the caves Caboose caught us, I signed to him that Tau was our imaginary friend. I hoped he didn't bring up Tau when talking to Wash but then again he had not told Church or Tucker at all in the two years he knew Tau.

'Ya. Hes our odd good friend.' I thought back as we landed.

"Oh no! Hell no! Excuse me, sir, but no goddamn way!" Said this blue based leader, Lieutenant Miller.

"You must be Lieutenant Miller." Wash replied, unimpressed.

"I got Reds comin' out of my ass here boss, and you wanna take away one of my men for a... what did you say this was for?" Miller said, turning to one of the blues.

"Secret mission, sir." One of the blues said.

"Aw, you gotta be-a what!?" Miller said.

"I think you have bigger issues than troop assignment, soldier. Like getting some of these vehicles back in working order. " Wash said, waving his hand to the burning vehicles.

"What do you think I'm talkin' about? This is YOUR fault! You sent us the new guy; he said he was good with vehicles. All he does is talk to 'em. Talk to 'em! What the hell is that all about? And now look at the damn things!" Miller yelled while gesturing to the broken vehicles.

Tau snorted in my head, 'That is definitely Caboose, I wonder if he thinks all vehicles are Sheila?'

'Who knows what happens in that dude's brain? Only ghost Church and Tex have seen that crazy show.' Tau and I constantly joked about how both Church and Tex seemed to believe they were ghosts. Tau liked to joke that he was an immovable ghost as he couldn't jump from suit to suit.