Season 8 Episode 19

I subtly checked the gauges to make sure everything was in working order as Grif got into the Pelican's seat.

"Your sure you can fly this?" Simmons asked Grif for the fifth time.

"Uh.... ya.... it's just like any vehicle, right?" Grif replied, turning everything on.

I gripped the door panel as the pelican lifted off.

BANG!

I nearly yelped as the pelican tilted to the side.

"You hit the exit hatch, you dumb-ass!" Simmons yelled.

'Maybe this wasn't my smartest decision....' I thought.

'You think?!?!' Tau thought nervously.

"Uhh... ok, we are at stable flight levels.... How do I make it go forward?" Grif questioned.

'Oh, fuck this!" I thought, yanking Grif out of the seat.

"Woah, Mutey, what are you doing?" Grif asked, stuggling to catch his balance.

'Stopping us from dying, idiot.' I thought, flipping Grif off as I worked.

I reached up and began flipping the switches for flight stabilization and engine functions.

'Damn, he damaged the rear thruster.' I thought, seeing it on the screen

I smacked Grif's arm and pointed to the screen, showing him the damage.

"Get Tucker up here for interpretation! Mutey is flying!" Simmons called.

"Wait, what? I gotta see this!" Tucker said. Soon Tucker was in the other seat, watching as I flipped switches and pulled up the tracker location.

'With the damaged rear thruster we are barely gonna make it, get ready to hold on once we arrive.' I signed quickly to Tucker before activating controls and shooting off in the direction of the tracker.

"What did she say?" Simmons asked, grabbing the wall from the momentum of moving forward.

"Uhhh.... basically she said get ready to hold on tight when we arrive, Grif damaged the rear thruster." Tucker said.

"Oh, fuck!" Simmons said.

I smacked the put your seatbelts on signal to tell the idiots to sit down and get ready for a bumpy landing.

I heard Simmons and Grif raced into the back of the pelican as Tucker activated his seatbelt while I did the same.

"I didn't know you could fly a pelican!" Tucker yelled.

"She was part of the war effort for a time, Tucker! I saw it in her record! She probably learned during that time!" Simmons called.

I nodded to Tucker before turning back to flying and the controls. I cussed Grif out in sign language as the rear thruster continues to degenerate.

"What's she saying!" Grif called.

"Dude! You don't want to know! She is calling you every name in the book!" Tucker called.

"Shit!" Grif yelled.

"Yep, that's one of them!" Tucker called.

"She's gonna beat me into pulp later, isn't she?" Grif yelled.

"Most likely!" Tucker called.

"Fuck!" Grif called.

"Ya, that's another one she called you, except it was Mother fucker!" Tucker called.

"Shut up, Tucker!" Grif yelled.

"I still haven't received my peanuts." Caboose called.

I pulled hard on the controls getting us high enough the thruster might last. For a time it was a struggle flying this thing, the others were probably getting jostled all over the place but I blocked out comments, focusing on making sure we lived.