Season 9 Episode 20

I backed up to the door, crouching beside it and attacking some kneecaps with my sniper rifle.

'This is stupid, now your other identity is also wanted. Shall we repeat the cycle again?' Tau thought sarcastically.

'Ya, well, I ain't leaving my friends so I guess were wanted. Not the worst we have dealt with.' I thought, shooting a guy in the leg and making him fall. I watched his buddies drag him away.

'You have really changed over the last two years. Before, in Blood Gulch, they were more entertainment to you. Then again, I think we have all changed.' Tau thought.

'I guess.' I thought, shooting a guy in the foot.

"Are you any better with that thing than shooting extremities?!" Carolina asked angrily.

I breathed in, and then out. Carolina was testing my temper.

"Hey, she's better than Church was!" Tucker called, shooting.

"That's not saying much! Church never hit anything!" Grif said.

"Hey, we're taking fire out here!" Grif called back into the room I was ignoring for the moment.

"Ya, well, she is taking quite a few more of these guys out than you!" Tucker called, stabbing a guy who got too close.

"Shut it!" Carolina called.

I shot another guy in the foot, making him fall hilariously as Wash shot the one behind him in the shoulder.

"Cover me, they got Epsilon out." Carolina said, making it into the room I crouched shooting from.

As I shot another guy I listened in.

"Tex? No, no not Tex. The new lady." I heard Caboose say as I shot another guy aiming at Simmons.

"New lady?" Church asked.

'Wonder how he will react.....' I thought.

'I'm not sure but then you remember our reaction and Wash's' Tau responded.

"Hey there, Alpha. Been looking for you for a long time." Carolina said.

"Oh no." Church said.

"Now that I've found you, you're gonna help me do what I should have done years ago: you're gonna help me kill the Director." Carolina said.

'You know, at one point that was my main goal, to end this so I could walk free. Not so sure anymore.' I thought.

'Things have changed over the years. But what I wonder is what holds you back from showing them who we are?' Tau asked.

'Carolina.' I responded quickly.

'I don't think that is all it is but I won't question it.' Tau responded, 'Aim two centimeters to your right, bullet will bounce like you got a lucky shot into another soldiers arm.' Tau said.

I did as he said, hearing the soldier cry out.

"Agent Carolina?! What are you doing here!?" I could hear Church yell.

"I need your help. I'm tracking the Director of Project Freelancer and you're my best bet for figuring out what hole he's hiding in." Carolina said, some of her earlier anger slipping into her voice.

"Hole, eh? You know, our buddy Donut was always talking about his holes!" Sarge said.

'Yep, Donut was awful at that.' I thought.

'Don't you mean good at that?' Tau thought.

'Nope, I mean he was awful at that.' I thought

"Sarge..." Church began to say.