Agent Carolina

I was spray painting Graffiti on red base of Grif as a fat monkey, Sarge as a saluting tough looking dog with crossed eyes, and Simmons as a shaking Chihuahua with eyes focused admiringly on Sarge when I heard it.

The sound of a mongoose engine. We had been back in Valhalla for maybe two months now and not much had really happened beyond us pranking each other. Also, oddly, we couldn't find Donut or Lopez's bodies and Doc disappeared shortly after our arrival, so we didn't know what was going on there.

I had been stealing Sarge's shotgun shells to piss him off but so far it hadn't worked. Maybe he didn't realize yet that he had none, I wasn't sure. So I got bored and decided to use our stock of spray paint to have fun doing this while the reds were out of supplies for their destroyed warthog.

"Well that's..... certainly something." A voice I thought I would never, ever, hear again said. I turned around quickly, nearly spraying myself with spray paint and saw....

'Tau, am I hallucinating?' I asked, blinking to see if I was seeing correctly.

'Nope, you definitely are not because I see this person too.' Tau replied.

Too familiar teal armor stood in front of me...

'But... she's dead!' I thought in shock.

'Say's the person who is also supposed to be dead.' Tau responded.

'But.... she fell of a CLIFF! A fucking tall ass cliff, how does someone survive that?!' I thought in shock.

'And you crashed a pelican that could have gotten you killed.' Tau said.

Carolina.

"I'm looking for Agent Washington, you know where he is?" She asked.

I blinked again and pointed to my base.

"I guess you don't talk much, do you?" She asked as I waved her to follow me, dropping the paint cans.

I pointed to my throat and mimed slicing my throat.

"Oh." Was all she replied.

On the outside I was playing this well.

On the inside I was freaking out.

'How the fuck is she alive?! I read the reports! She died after Maine ripped the A.I.'s out of her head and threw her off that cliff!' I thought in shock.

'I'm not sure how, honestly I am trying not to think about it so it doesn't trigger my glitch.' Tau responded.

'Fuck, fuck, fuck.....' I thought.

I stopped in front of blue base and made the universal stop sign with my hand before running inside.

I looked around for Wash but found Tucker and Caboose playing checkers.

"See, you place that one there...." Tucker was telling Caboose, probably teaching him the wrong way to play checkers.

'Hey, any of you know where Wash is?' I signed.

"Huh? Oh, he's doing his weird training exercises out the back of the base." Tucker responded before turning back to trying to explain the game to Caboose for probably the 30th time.

I raced out the back and looked for Wash to find him doing push ups. I banged my foot against the side of the base, making him jump a bit.

"Oh, hey, Mutey, I thought you were over painting graffiti on Red base." Wash said.

I began to try to sign.

"That's because I kind of stopped her to try to find you." Carolina said, rounding the corner.