Season 8 Episode 20

"Ow!" I heard from Church not too far away.

"What happened?" Sarge asked.

"The Meta... there... Mutey..." Church tried to say as I attempted to get up, feeling bruises all along my back.

'Sorry, Mutey, that split second wasn't long enough, was it?' Tau thought sadly.

'I'm fine... need a moment though.' I replied.

"And I was afraid we wouldn't get to kick a little ass today! Come on, fellas!" Sarge said.

"Caboose! Stay with Church! I'm gonna check on Mutey!" Tucker said, racing towards where I laid against the rock.

"Okay." Caboose replied.

"And try not to kill him by accident!" Tucker called, getting closer to where I lay.

"Okay!" Caboose said.

Tucker came to stop beside me.

"Mutey, you okay?" He asked.

I nodded slowly, raising my hand and point at Maine and Wash fighting, pushing him lightly towards the fight.

"Okay, rest here! We got this!" Tucker said, getting up and running off towards Maine and Wash.

I winced as I heard a grenade go off and Wash go flying.

'They don't stand a chance.... I gotta help them.' I thought.

'How? How can you do so without exposing your identity?' Tau asked.

I looked at the spot I was laying, idea coming to mind.

'I guess that works, since you can run that without me.' Tau thought.

I quickly activated the holographic projection to display myself in the same position before jumping behind the rock.

I heard the reds and Tucker ingauge in fighting Maine as I crouched behind the rock.

"Attack!" Sarge yelled.

"Get him!" Simmons yelled.

"We're gonna fuckin' die!" Grif yelled in terror.

'Tau, turn off my armor camo.' I thought.

'You sure you want to show your colors to the world? The reports might tell of your presence, expose that you are not dead.' Tau thought.

'Fine then, make my normal armor grey, instead of Purple and white, should confuse them enough.' I thought.

'Modifying.... There.' Tau thought.

I looked to see my armor was a light grey.

'I hope your prepared, Tau.' I thought racing out from behind the rock and to the side, hiding behind another.

'As ready as I can be.' Tau responded.

"Fire in the hole!" I heard Simmons yell.

'Let's do this.' I thought, jumping over the rock and racing up to the scene. Maine was just about to stab Simmons and I rammed into Maine, knocking him back enough that he only destroyed Simmons rocket launcher.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Tucker yelled.

"Does it matter? They are fighting him, not us!" Grif yelled.

Maine growled and tried to stab me with his knife rifle, to which I rolled and stabbed a knife into his leg. He growled in pain and blasted the ground, sending me rolling, which I rolled back to my feet and raced towards him, he shot at me again, sending a blast of snow and smoke around me as Tau activated my armor enhancement.