Crash Landed

I picked up and moved to store more the supplies we had found. After taking down Project Freelancer the UNSC Police quickly found us, but not for bad reasons. We were honored for taking down the remaining pieces of Project Freelancer and no one questioned the mute Oxford Blue and purple armored blue sim trooper. The others kept their promise and didn't expose my identity. Before we knew it we were on a ship to Blood Gulch, a free trip by the oversight sub committee.

Then it all went down hill.

I was testing the new blades I managed to steal from the ship's storage for my arm gauntlets when I accidentally cut a computer screen. I looked out the door and then the alarms went off.

We crash landed into this jungle which held all sorts of life just none that spelled out human's are here.

I had quickly gotten good at using my knife blades to kills us some small morsels, which Grif refused to eat. Shocked everybody since he usually loves any food, but it probably because we don't really have any seasonings to make it taste better.

Wash had asked me to go and organize the new supplies we had found. We had been doing our best to check and organize what we got but, in the end, it wasn't much. Enough for maybe a year and that was it.

I placed the last box on top, whipping my forehead from breathing heavy.

That's another thing. Carolina and Epsilon disappeared.

But I still had contact with them, somewhat.

Tau discovered that Epsilon's connection to A.I.'s isn't really one way, they were able to create a way to communicate from long distances. But after Carolina and I started discovering something was seriously wrong with this planet, she cut communications so they couldn't be tracked. Tau had not heard from Epsilon in nearly three weeks.

"Found more supplies?" Tucker asked.

With Caboose constantly in his off moods and Wash working to organize and keep us alive while the reds poorly built their base on the other side of the odd canyon we were in, Tucker and I had been mostly bored and hung out more often. In that boredom I began to teach him hand to hand combat, in case he ever lost his sword.

"Yep, Tau cataloged it and it's enough to last us a year on this oddly vacant piece of land." I said, grabbing a dried packet of food and throwing it to Tucker, who caught it.

I grabbed myself one and sighed.

"It isn't Oreo's, which I am going to miss, but it's something." I said, biting in.

"At least it isn't that food Doc tried to make once, the one with the long name and held the word 'free' in it a lot. The stuff that tasted like chalk?" Tucker said.

"Oh those uh.... gluten free.... something something something.... rice cakes? I think? I remember Grif taking one bite before dipping the whole thing in chocolate, then cinnamon, then sugar before eating it and making Doc cry." I said.

"I'll take these over that stuff any day." Tucker said, taking a bite of the tasteless meal, his helmet set on a storage crate.

I look my own off and took a bite.

"You know..." I said, swallowing, "It was probably smart of Wash to put the storage here and not closer to Grif. Also to have a lock and key on it so Grif doesn't make us all starve." I said.

"Is that why your letting him control what is done?" Tucker asked.

"Nope, I'm just not the leader type. Too used to working on my own and yes, these past 8 years with all of you has changed that but I am still not the leader type." I said.