Training

I leaned against the rock, watching as Tucker punched my newly created dummy. I mean, it was the same dummy I just duct-taped it together. Oddly enough there was a ton of duct-tape on the ship.

I was pleased by his progress, he could throw punches as good as any soldier now. Then again, Tucker is a quick learner.

"Why are both you and Wash so eager to make me and Caboose train?" Tucker said in annoyance.

"Would you rather die to the elements or unknown alien creatures of death or would rather be able to kick it's ass and tell all the ladies you seem to like about it." I said, currently dismantling my sniper rifle to clean it.

"Why are you always so good at convincing any of us to do work we don't like?" Tucker said, punching away at the dummy.

"Because I know all of you and know what to use to bribe you. Just like I bribed Sarge to help me design this new scope on my sniper rifle by giving him a ton of shotgun shells." I said, adding and adjusting the new, better scope. I had found the materials on the ship but wasn't too sure how to build them myself so I found a small crate of shotgun shells and traded half of it to Sarge for some help on ideas. I put my sniper rifle together and tested the new scope, able to see the reds bickering on the way other side of the canyon.

"I still can't believe that worked." Tucker said.

"Well, Tucker, I have spent enough time around you all to know what you want and don't want. I'm just glad you stopped trying to hit on me like back in Blood Gulch." I said, setting my sniper rifle down.

"Only because you made me very much regret it!" Tucker said, picking up the dummy after he punched it too hard.

"Well, you did piss me off back then. You are.... a little less annoying now." I said.

"Thanks.... makes me feel great...." He said sarcastically.

"Now that right there qualifies as thirty more minutes of punching." I said, beginning to check and clean my arm blades.

"Aw, come on!" I heard him groan in annoyance.

I smirked.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

I sat beside Tucker on the rock, handing him a bottle of water.

"Thanks." He said, downing it before spilling a ton of it on his face. He looked ridiculous.

"You know, I don't think I have ever seen helmet hair dreadlocks." I said, smirking.

His eyes widened as he reached up to his head, making me laugh.

He glared at me.

"I bet your spiky hair looks like something a cat coughed up right now." He grumbled.

I took off my helmet and looked in the reflection of my visor, of course my short dark brown hair ending with blue wasn't spiky but it wasn't so flat to my head that it looked like helmet hair. I reached up tossed my hands through it to make it stick up all over the place.

"Nope, though I do miss that hair gel. My hair still looks better than yours." I said.

He grumbled, making me laugh as I set my helmet on the rock.

It was later in the day when the heat was the strongest, Tucker had abandoned the dummy an bit ago to sit on the rock in the shade.

I pulled out Maine's knife, turning it and flipping it.

"I notice you do that a lot, why?" Tucker asked, pulling myself from my thoughts.

I looked down at the knife, my expression tightening in slight pain for a second before I smoothed it.