Chapter 15: A Little Birdy

The sunlight pours through the large windows of my bed chamber. Waking me almost immediately, to my dismay. Though not even the sulking could hold up when Sebastian bends down to brush his lips against my cheek.

"Good morning my Lord." The smooth buttery voice of my butler-turned-partner whispering in my ear is enough to send me flying forward into a stiff sitting position. My cheeks flushed a rather embarrassing crimson as I still cannot get used to the overwhelming feelings that, only he can well up within me.

"G-Good morning." I murmur.

"Still not used to affection, I see?" He lets out a soft chuckle, to which I given him a deathly glare.

"I wouldn't be so fl-flustered if you weren't so damn attractive!" The filter between my thoughts and my mouth shattered in that moment, and it took me a couple of seconds to realise what I've just said.

"Would you prefer me to turn into a crow?" I honestly can't tell if he's joking or not. From the way he looks at me, I would assume that he isn't. It seems as though he's waiting for an answer.

"I- Uh...sure?" And with that weak response, he transforms. Proceeding to backflip with both arms out, and as he comes back around to face me, his arms suddenly turn to wings. His body turning to one of silky black feathers with almost luminous purple eyes. Almost like the contract symbol on my eye.

Before I could say anything about the breathtaking display, he lands on my shoulder.

"I may wear an eyepatch but I'm no pirate." I smile with amusement, gazing rather fondly at the bird. It is a rather beautiful form he takes, just like his human one, but it is less intimidatingly seductive.

"This form is still very beautiful." I bring a hand up to stroke the sleek feathers along his back. Making him coo rather loudly.

"You are certainly one happy little birdy." It doesn't take very much to make him visibly smile and shiver at points.

But I decide to have fun of my own.

"Does Polly want a cracker?" I ask in a very teasing tone, causing him to turn his head to give one of my fingers a playful bite.

"Ow!" I exclaim, laughing lightly.

We stayed like this for a while, with him nudging up against my neck as I petted him. But it couldn't last any longer. As it was time for him to prepare my breakfast.

Perhaps I'll get more time with him later.

That would be the best way I could spend my afternoon. Being with the man I love.