Chapter 94: Mendacity

Ciel's POV

I don't believe a word that is coming out of this woman's mouth. It sounds like she pulled their life story out of her ass.

"-and then we got married on the beach at sunset, we had bought a hundred doves to fly into the air as we said 'I do' and our cake was six tiers and-"

Does this bitch ever shut up?

"Honey, they don't need to hear all of this-"

The "husband" catches on to our disapproval of his "wife's" incessant rambling.

"Of course they do-"

I finally speak up, having heard enough for a lifetime.

"Ma'am what's your maiden name?"

Her face loosens, both of them staring at me as though I were growing a second head.

Scrambling.

She's scraping the bottom of the barrel to find another name.

What did she want my child for?!

"Stevens..." Her face screams of anxiety. Beads of sweat forming at her hairline.

"What did you want my child for, Mr and Mrs Stevenson?" I can hardly contain my laughter as I find myself humoured by her weak attempt to find a name unlike the fake one she had already used.

"I think we've wasted enough of your time-" The 'husband' gets up, ready to flee without his partner in crime.

"Need I remind you that it's illegal to falsify legal documents and that it is also incredibly stupid to come anywhere near the Queen's Watchdog when you want to obtain a child for nefarious means. You're simply begging for a bullet in your brain." I couldn't contain my laughter as the couple took out tiny pistols as though simple little bullets would do anything to us. "Tell me what you want with my child and I'll let you leave. No firefight. I promise."

I gently bow to them as a sign of noble peace, but what they didn't see were the two crossed fingers behind my back, showing only Sebastian my true intentions.

"We wanted a little girl to...to sell to my friend's buddy to gain some cash. I never thought there'd be so much security around the kiddins, I've sold before but other kiddie wranglers beg anyone and everyone to take a kid. I shoulda just gone somewhere else."

"Why does this man want to buy baby girls?"

"I don't know, prostitution? Sex slavery? God knows, I just want the money."

"Babies?! Into sex slavery?!" I can't hide my anger wanting to tear this man to shreds with my bare hands. "How can you be so fucking heartless?!"

"It's just money-"

"IT'S LIVES YOU'RE RUINING! CHILDREN'S LIVES! ARE YOU FUCKING BRAIN DEAD?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT RAPE DOES TO A CHILD?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE PARADED AROUND LIKE A RAGDOLL, COVERED IN YOUR OWN BLOOD AND PISS?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sebastian's POV

I watch on with pride as my little angel drags this poor son of a bitch over the table with the kind of strength that only a demon could possess.

Though the tenacity is all his own. That fiery wrath. That sweet inferno in his soul as he tears them to shreds. As they cry out for help. It's only when the terrified bitch tries to shoot at my darling that I intervene, catching her bullets between my fingers.

"Frightened?" I ask as she begins to creep backwards into a corner. Screaming upon impact with no where else to hide. "This is how the children you stole from their cradles must feel now, if they aren't in a shallow grave right now."

"You monsters!" She cries pathetically as Ciel bites a chunk of flesh from her partner-in-crime's face. Spitting it out onto the ground.

"You filthy bastard, your face tastes as bad as it looks."

The man blubbers in his own personal hell, finding the courage to spit out his final words.

"YOU CAN'T SAVE THE KIDS I KILLED BY KILLING US!"

That is when my darling looks up to the heavens, hope in his heavy heart of gold.

"But I can give them the revenge they never got to give." He nods to the invisible forces around him, hoping that they can hear his voice. Know he's there. "This is for you. I'm sorry."

And then...he tears him apart.

Piece by piece.

Inch by inch.

He tears the man limb from limb.

And by Satan is it beautiful.

His rage, his sadness for the children of the past.

It's enchanting.

Blood dripping from his soft, sweet lips.

Red eyes and crimson tide, rolling with the wrath of those who came before him. Who died before him.

Murder and magnetism draw me to his arms, the fragments of flesh that used to scream gone quiet.

But beauty and bewitchment bring a blood soaked kiss that I will never forget.