Chapter 29: Afterwards...

Heavy breathing fills the room as I try to recover my strength. It doesn't help that Sebastian looks as if he hadn't done anything at all! Yet I'm lying here sweating my brains out!

"Sebastian you... are a bastard..."

"I'm glad you used the little air you have to tell me that." He chuckles as he runs his hand through my sweaty hair.

"I'm dying over here....and...you look fine...!"

"You look ravishing."

"Shut...up...you lying...bastard..."

"I'm not capable of lying, remember?"

"....doesn't matter." I answer and the smug bastard laughs again. My death glare cutting through him like a blade.

"Awe look at how cute you are!" He teases, pinching my cheeks in the process.

"I hate you."

"No you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have screame-"

I clap my hand over his mouth to silence him only to have him lick my palm. Why?!

"Ew why?!" I exclaim as I wipe my hand on his bare shoulder.

"You started it."

"I did no such thing."

"You're such a bad liar."

"Well you are such a nuisance." I respond with a smile I cannot conceal no matter how hard I try.

"And you are so divine." Was his reply as his hand gently cups my cheek, looking at me as though I was the only person in the world that mattered.

"Why are you complimenting me so much?" I ask with a flustered smile, enjoying the attention but not being able to figure out why I deserve such comments.

"Oh Ciel, can't you see how stunning you are? How incredible you are? My dear, you are the most prominent person in my eternal life. I worship the ground you walk on."

My cheeks flush once again at his beautiful words, but all that I can do to express my feelings is by nuzzling my face against his bare chest. My tounge too tied for words.

"I adore you. I deify you. And I'm entirely devoted to you. Mesmerised by your every action. I am constantly wondering what could possibly run through this incredible mind of yours. You are one of the only humans that's actions and opinions are...always unexpected. I have always loved that about you, that I could never tell what you were thinking."

His soft hands run through my now drier hair as I close my eyes. Hanging on his every word.

"Not to mention that you are the only person to ever be my equal at chess." I let out an amused chuckle, holding him just that little bit tighter.

"And you are such a quick study. When I was teaching other languages, you picked them up so easily that I was taken aback. Not that I'd ever show it." My hand slowly slides into his, the fake wedding band pressing against my fingers. I stare at it for a while as he continues. "My dear, I never thought you would love me. After all, you never thought you would love at all. It's funny, how both of us never thought we'd experience love and yet here we are, loving each other."

"Which is why..." I pick up, letting my heart speak for me. "I want this ring to become the real thing...After all, Lord Sebastian Phantomhive sounds a lot better than Sebastian Michaelis. Although I would miss that Michaelis dearly-"

"Are you proposing to me, Phantomhive?"

I chuckle, taking a moment to think about it. About what I've said, about his feelings and about my own. Although I figure it out far too easily.

"I suppose I am."