Chapter 92: Eye Candy

Ciel's POV

Hands grip my sides as I stare into the full length mirror, absorbed within the image. The crimson eyes that follow mine with joyous wonder.

How could stretched flesh make us feel so proud?

How could I be drawn to tears of joy at the sight of this little bump I call my own?

My child, my little one, the one I love that I simply don't know yet. Finally making their presence known to the world.

And to me.

A first hello. A greeting. A courtesy call.

I almost don't want to get dressed this morning. To show my child to the world.

"Do you see what I see? The most beautiful man in the world, and the luckiest child in the world. All in one."

"You love me too much." I smile, however much I try, I cannot help but love those eyes that trace along my body. That picture me in all sorts of energetic ways.

"I could never love you enough for my liking."

"That's rich coming from the man who looks at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm the only thing that truly matters in this world."

"You are."

"Our children matter-"

"Our children would not be our children without you."

"Elizabeth-"

"Elizabeth would never have found love without you."

"Mey-"

"Mey-Rin would still be an almost blind assassin living on the streets without you. My love no one would be who they are without you."

"And I would be dead without you, through the cult or through...through eventual suicide."

"Ciel I wouldn't have allowed that to happen-"

"But what if I had ordered you to...there was one moment where I gave you everything and I wanted to kill myself for being so weak as to ever share my feelings with my enemy. I wanted to back then Sebastian."

"I know you did, I know that now. But I wouldn't have let that happen, contract or not. That was the night I fell in love with you and I learned to fall in love with your world. I wouldn't have let you die, darling. And you know that isn't a lie. You needn't ask if it is."

"I know. I know."

I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Delilah?" I ask as I stare down at a starving little girl rolling around in her crib. Stomach swollen from malnutrition and hunger

"I've always loved the name and this cutie reminds me of one. Delilah."

"I love it, but what are the treatment options Sebastian?"

"That she among others should be given nutritional supplements in formula of my own creation. Through this I can fatten them up and effectively give them the nutrients their bodies require to function on a normal basis."

"Brilliant, is there anything you need Lizzy?"

"Well because Finny and I are sleeping on a makeshift double bed, we have barely any support. Do you have an extra mattress anywhere?"

"There's one in the shed outside along with bedding and some more furniture. Again if you need anything, call us. We're continuing restoration work on your room first so that you can have the comfort you deserve."

"Thank you so much Ciel, you've given me a life of freedom that any woman would love to have."

"You've given me support when all I had was Sebastian and the servants. You deserved to be the head of the household, Lizzy. This is the only thing I could give you. I wish women-"

"I know you do. I know you want equality but your peers couldn't give any less of a fuck about us, Ciel. We're eye candy in four sets of corsets."

"You were made of steel, Lizzy."

"And I just wish I had a chance to prove it."