Chapter 41: Perfection

Sebastian's P.O.V

"Nothing? Not even hi-...her pride?"

"She is perfectly stubborn. No matter what flaws she has, she wears them all too well."

"But she-"

"Sieglinde, the person who sits beside me now is quintessential to me. There is no person who could ever rival her. I worship him as you would worship God, and no matter what you say, what examples you give. He can never be anything less than superlative." I announce, restraining my growing agitation as I speak in my usual, calm manner.

Though it seems, my little Lover has noticed the twinge of frustration behind my words. Reaching for my arm, embosoming it in a sweet, protective embrace. His gentle hand stroking my forearm to send the message, ordering me to relax, even though I truly do not need such a thing, he cares about it anyway.

"I wish someone thought the same of me..."

Elizabeth's expression fills with nothing but sorrow, tears pooling in emerald eyes as the sentiment hangs in the air.

Until Sieglinde decides to gently peck Lizzy's cheek in an endearing moment that I wish will grow to become much more than a few seconds.

I watch everything in such minute detail that no human could ever experience. Fortunately for my dearest, he will know this soon enough.

Pupils dilating, heart pounding, breath hitching...just like Ciel. Only his heartbeat is more graceful, like the rhythm of a song. His breathing, beautifully unpredictable, so sweetly caught in that little throat of his.

I can never feel the attached entirely to any human other than my precious Phantomhive.

Yet these women have become something special to me.

I wonder if that is the product of Ciel's bond with Lady Midford and Miss Sullivan. Something that has rubbed off on me. There are worse things that I could pick up from others. Though I trust his judgement of them. They are no threat to my little one, in fact, they are friendly influential allies who have shown loyalty. Through omission.

"Elizabeth, someone will, I know they will. They just need some time to build up some courage." Sieglinde's words prove our assumptions correct, making her feelings painfully obvious and yet Elizabeth sits there, dumbfounded.

I suppose I don't blame her. I, too, was shocked by something as small as that beautiful smile the night he bumped into me at his bedroom door. The night that he thanked me. The night that lead me here. To the very moment that Ciel agreed to become immortal, to be with me, and me alone.

"Then I hope they hurry up, I'm so tired of waiting around for them."

"Speaking of waiting around...Why don't we go dress shopping? I have a promise to keep, after all." My Lord, so generously suggests, deciding to play the role of divine intervention as that faux feminine voice of his begins to waver.

"I'm ready for anything, darling."

Anything~