Chapter 70: Bedbound

Sebastian's POV

Ever since my darling has drifted back into his slumber, I have been fidgeting with anything and everything. Anxiously awaiting the moment that a cerulean eye meets crimson.

I haven't been able to see any physical signs, besides the slightest shift in skin tone. Yet, that could also simply be a symptom of fatigue. Something he definitely has after last night.

He awakens on cue, as though he knew that I was waiting for him.

"Sebastian? What time is it?" He asks rather groggily, grunting softly as he attempts to regulate his breathing once more.

"9am, my Lord. I let you sleep in this morning after what transpired last evening."

"T-Thank you..." His arms tighten around my neck as he uses my support to stretch his lower half.

A squeak escapes him as he is overcome with the pain, which I assume to be from last nights events. Though, he hasn't been left in agony after we spend the night together since his first time and we have been particularly rough, all things considered.

"Where does it hurt, darling?"

"Abdomen-!" He groans, the blood running from his face. It barely takes a second for me to rush him into the bathroom, to find my instinct to be justified.

My poor little Lord, hunched over the toilet bowl, retching and moaning in pleasant moment of freedom before he is pushed back down into vomiting once more. I do what I can to make him comfortable. I give him a cushion to kneel on, a blanket to keep him warm in the cold bathroom we find ourselves in, I fill up a hot water bottle and gently wrap it around his slender waist with gauze allowing some tension to be released from his stomach cramps. I rub his back in concentric circles and give him kind words of encouragement and adoration.

I am powerless to this.

Watching on as my darling endures Hell overnight just to give me something he's wanted me to have for so long.

All I can do is stay.

Reassuring. Patient. Resilient.

Sympathetic. Comforting. Caring.

All I can do is wait.

Wait for this spell of nausea to surpass.

I know it will. It always will, eventually. The human body has it's limits and I can only thank the Lord that Ciel's does too.

Otherwise, he'd die from exhaustion.

"I-Is it too late to go back?" My dearest asks in a humorous tone, his whole body shaking from the stress he's being put under.

"Unfortunately, I believe it might be. You're in this for the long haul, darling." He tries to laugh but simply ends up hurting himself in the process.

"Well. Fuck."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ciel's POV

"Sebastian, I swear to God if you try to shove that crap down my throat again, I'll kill you." I sincerely argue as I back away from the vile substance swimming around in my glass.

"Don't be so dramatic, it's the only thing that'll help you keep your food down."

"I don't care if I have to puke into the toilet all day long, I'm not drinking that! It tastes like shit." Slender hands gently place down a slice of cake in front of me. Clearly bribery.

"Not even for a slice of cake?"

"Not even for a slice of cake." Arms folded, eyes glaring, jaw clenched, I stare down the demon who has been leering over my bedside. Threatening me with poisoning my tastebuds with that shitty concoction.

"Don't make me use force, Ciel."

"You wouldn't dare."

I flash him a smug smirk, convinced that he would be too afraid to lay a hand on me.

I was deadly mistaken.

He places just enough pressure on my jaw to unhinge it, he grabs the foul-smelling fluid only to shove it down my throat. Forcing me to swallow until the glass is emptied of it's contents. Then, in kindness, he spoon feeds me a drop of honey. Allowing the sweetness to overpower the rancid flavour of that unspeakably evil liquid.

"Wasn't that easy?" He has the audacity to say as he leaves a kiss in his wake. "That's very sweet."

"I dare you to kiss me after making me drink that shit. If this were the Middle Ages you would be hung for that kind of behaviour."

"And so would you for loving me in the first place."

"We could still be hung for that."

"Don't remind me." Blood red eyes roll in a dramatically sarcastic display as he takes a seat next to me on the bed. "Now, if you eat your cake I will read your favourite novel with you."

That is how you bribe your lover to do something.

I didn't need any motivation but I'll keep my mouth shut.

"Yes, Sir!" I tease, leaning ever so slightly to peck the demon's cheek.

"Ciel...you're not supposed to be moving so much. I don't want your pain to worsen. I hate to see you this way." His gloved hand finds it's way to my cheek, his other finding my own hand.

"I know." Is all I can say as I lean into his warm touch.

"You're doing me a great service, dear. The greatest gift I could ever receive. I couldn't thank you enough."

"I thought I was the greatest gift you could ever receive~"

"No, my love. You're the greatest blessing I have ever been so lucky to receive. My heaven."