Chapter 51: A Butler's Duty, A Master's Calling

Sebastian's POV

The children adore him. Even one week later, they cling to him. Asking him questions upon questions and he answers. With a smile. To think, a year ago he was reserved and cold. Now he is loved and can love.

"...and that was when Lizzy brought out her swords and-"

The kids are captivated by him, under his spell. His enchanting beauty shining through in his words, in his enthusiastic tone and in his smile.

He will be twenty soon, ten years since we met. He has become so much more than I ever thought he would be. The intelligent little brat I used to know has flourished. Bloomed. That boy is now free.

And he is perfect.

"It's time for bed my darlings." The pet names he uses roll off his tongue so naturally, as if he has always used the term. He appears to be so motherly.

The way he kisses them goodnight, the way he blows out the candle and the way he gracefully makes his way out of the children's bedroom takes my metaphorical breath away.

"You look speechless, are you feeling alright?" He's concerned about me?

"Of course I am, you're simply so incredible that my tongue was temporarily tied." I watch as the blood flushes into his cheek, a soft blush dusting over them ever so gently. Simply perfect.

"Your silver tongue is never tied for too long. So what does it want this time?" His confidence has grown to the point where he can openly tease me and can handle the consequences.

"I believe a kiss is in order."

"Then why don't you come and take it~?"

"I was thinking that maybe you would do the honours."

"If I must~" My darling fiancé rather roughly pulls me by my shirt collar into an intoxicating kiss from which no man would ever dream of escaping.

If only my little Lord didn't need to breathe, we could stay like this for eternity.

"You're so adorable." I state as I listen to his ragged breathing as he steadies himself against my chest. Entrusting me to hold his body weight once more. To which, I graciously accept.

"You're-...so handsome." He manages to say between heavy breaths.

"I'm glad you think so, my dearest kitten." I purr in his ear ever so gently but I feel him lean on me with more force, I realise that he's far too tired to be getting anymore flustered than he already is.

Lifting my blue kitten into my arms only reveals his gorgeous face as his eyes meet mine. "I'm not that tired-"

"You will be after your warm bath. Unless you want to deal with that in the morning."

"I may as well get it done now, then I can go to sleep feeling new."

And as I go to exit the hallway, I glance back at the children's bedroom door to meet the eyes of Eliza Phantomhive.

Smiling back at me.

At us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I opened the window as always but you must inform me if you begin to feel faint. I hate to see you suffering from something that you find so relaxing." I remark, leaving a kiss on the nape of my lover's neck as I wrap my arms around his torso, allowing him to gently rest himself against my bare chest.

"I know, I don't want to worry you." You're so kind, my Lord. You always have been in your own fascinating way. It was hidden by prideful nature.

"I will always worry about you."

"After what Undertaker was capable of doing to you... I will always worry too, just not as prominently."

"There's no need to worry anymore, I can handle a grim reaper, you on the other hand, even after you have become the most formidable demon to roam this earth, I will always worry about everything concerning you."

I have no doubt that together, we can become greater than feared in the human crime underworld.

But until then...

I will cherish this.