Chapter 42: Possession

(And now we go back to Ciel!)

WHY DON'T I FIT INTO ANY OF THESE DRESSES?!"

That's what I forced Sebastian to deal with as we raked through clothing lines and certain designs that my demon seems to find attractive on me. And since I have no qualms on taste, I allowed him to choose the items. The only problem being that I am male and have nothing in the chest region to support the fabric, leaving it baggy on the top even when everything else about the dress is proven to be flattering.

And so, I am forced to stand in female undergarments, in front of the demon who is entirely in his element.

"I know it's frustrating my dear but this is only to get a feel for what you like and what looks better on you. Then again, I have yet to find something you don't look attractive in."

"You're incredibly biased."

"I speak the truth. You made sure of that."

Damnit he's got me there.

"What if you're wrong?"

"When it comes to you, I'm never wrong." As soon as that soft hand cups my cheek, it releases a tension that I never knew was there.

He's telling the truth.

And I don't know if that makes it any better.

"Ciel?" He asks in a such a gentle tone that I cannot help but relax.

"What?"

"Are you doubting yourself?"

"Maybe."

"Then, think of everyone who has ever looked at you and told you what they thought of your appearance. You have me who thinks you're heavenly, you have Elizabeth who thinks you're adorable, you have the writer Arthur Conan Doyle who blushed at the sight of you, you have Viscount Druit who believed that you are so desirable that he put you up for auction, and there are so many others who see you as beautiful. To me, I have always believed that you look like a demon yourself. Utterly flawless."

Flawless?

My hand shifts to cover the brand instinctually, to conceal my greatest shame. The proof that I do not belong to myself at all. The proof that I am possessed.

"Ciel..." His voice fills with sorrow as his free hand slides under mine, to cover my brand entirely. "This brand is proof of your survival. Nothing more. Nothing less...This no longer defines you, it defined you for a month...nearly nine years ago but it certainly holds no claim to you now. After all, you made sure the cult that held this symbol did not survive your escape."

"Then what about my eye..." I mumble without a filter, realising far too late that what I have said can never be taken back.

Shit!

"I don't mean tha-!"

"Shh~" His gloved finger presses against my lips, silencing my frantic apology in it's tracks.

"This, my dear, is a symbol of our bond. Like a wedding ring, it binds us together, each of us promising each other our loyalty. This is different. The brand claims ownership, the Faustian seal shows mutual agreement. And now...it shows how close we have become. Both seals being visible and yet out of sight."

"I lo-"

"I love you too. Now, let's get ready to go home."

He called the Manor 'home.'