Chapter 32: Love Has Many Forms

"My dear, Elizabeth has requested your presence in the lounge...she has brought her companion with her." The sheer disgust in his eyes is the first warning sign that I simply could not let slide.

"Who is it Sebastian?"

"It'll be better if you see this...I fear that if I pass judgement, it'll influence your reaction."

"That doesn't sound very promising..."

"My Love, Elizabeth is the one who should have the honour of introducing him to you. I will not steal that from her."

"...You're right. But before we go, I want something from you."

"And what, my king, would that be?" King, what a beautiful word that forms on his lips.

"Your kiss."

"Yes, my Lord~" He coos as he moves closer and closer. I close my eyes, anticipating the moment when our lips finally meet. Yet they don't.

"Sebastian?" I ask opening my eye to find him just inches away from my face which causes me to jump in surprise.

His laughter matches his amused face as he answers, "I'm here!"

"Why did you do that?!" I exclaim, trying to calm myself down after that jump-scare I just endured.

"Because I never get to see the expression you make before I kiss you and I wanted to remember everything about it. After all, you're always the one to initiate."

"That's true but..." I gently lift up his chin, as he is so used to doing to me. Meeting his eyes, gazing into mine with an intense concentration, as if he's ready to take in whatever I have to say. As though he were to memorise my words entirely.

"Who wouldn't want to be the one to kiss you?"

"Who wouldn't want to be the one to be kissed by you?" He answers, finally leaning in, and as our lips finally touch, I feel all of my tension fall away.

And quite frankly I crave his kiss as though it were the drag of a cigarette, a blissfully calming moment that leads to pure addiction.

A Few Moments Later

"Hello Lizzy, are you feeling alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine Ciel, elated even."

"I assume the man behind you is the cause of that?"

"Yes, you're right. I want you to meet the man who...the man who fixed me up after Alois...you know. He brought me here that night."

As the man behind her turns to face me, my breath hitches in my throat. My confusion must be clear as I stand eye to eye with a spider.

Claude Faustus...

"Faustus." Is all I can muster as a wave of disgust flows through me.

"Phantomhive."

"Oh! You know each other?"

"Yes, he was negligent to Alois. He encouraged the very behaviour that you were forced to endure, Lizzy."

"W-What?!"

"Lady Elizabeth, that's not tru-"

"Claude, don't try to defend yourself. You refused to educate Alois, you encouraged his behaviour of using his body to get what he wanted, you even fucked him to manipulate him into doing what you wanted him to do." Sebastian announces to the room as I hold Elizabeth's hand, and gently pull her away from him.

"I will not allow you to stand in this Manor any longer. Lizzy, are you alright with us...taking care of him?"

Her emerald eyes bore into mine as she answers with one simple word...

"Yes."