Chapter 17: The Sad Truth

The chill of the ice stings as I press the towel-covered ice to my red cheek. "You should have allowed me to intervene, my Lord."

"You know I couldn't do that. I deserved it for lying and...she needed closure." His aggravation radiates from him as he gently rubs my shoulders. Making me grown from the pain that occurred after Eliza-...Lizzy shook my So violently that the muscles became agonisingly tight. "Letting her hurt you..."

"Sebastian...we both know the price of regret."

"But Ciel-"

"I know you were and still are worried about me. But I assure you that I'm alright." I grunt as he begins to work on loosening a knot in between my shoulder blades.

"Your body certainly doesn't agree. And I don't think your emotions do either."

"What do you know of my emotions?!" I snap, pride obscuring reason as the idea of someone understanding is laughable at best.

"Calm down my Lord. It wasn't an insult to your fragile sense of pride. I am trying to get you to open up to me. Why should this be the moment when you feel like you can't trust me with your feelings?" I could hear the hurt in his voice and it breaks through my walls.

"I-.....It's not. I'm sorry for shouting, I'm just..." I rub my temples to try to relieve the headache that decided to start just as I'm stressed to the hilt, how convenient.

"I'm just mourning a friendship that I've had my whole life. And worrying about the risks of a future...however short...with you as my lover." I tilt my head backwards over the back of the chair to look right up at that beautiful visage.

"I see, so you're in emotional overload."

"Exactly."

"So why are you appearing to be so damn calm?"

"Years of practice." I give him a teasing smile before lifting myself into sitting position, though I caught rather entertaining look of confusion in his eyes.

"We have to tell the servants today, I assume?"

"Yes, if we tell them tonight, then Lizzy if she chose to spread what I had said, which I don't believe that she would do, they won't have anything to speculate about. We shall prepare for a meeting around the dining table, say for eight o'clock."

"Perfect, my Lord"