Chapter 91: Reaffirmation

Ciel's POV

I groan upon awakening, finding my lover in the same groggy position. We definitely overdid it last night. So much so that we can barely move without a tender ache in some part of our bodies.

"Why do you have to be so good at this, Ciel?" He asks with the heavy sense of fatigue in his voice as his perfect eyebrow raises.

"Why are you so good at making me orgasm? I always want your hands all over so much more than you realise. You made me scream and soak the bedsheets. You always make me want more. So I'm not sorry about making you fall asleep in the slightest."

His forehead presses against mine with an unmistakably pleased smile on my demon's face.

"You're right, why should I complain about an intense night with my darling over something as simple as rest?" His voice becomes a gentle whisper that tickles in my ear.

"Exactly...Did you have a nice dream?" Ruby eyes flick up to look into mine with a sense of curiosity.

"I dreamt of our first kiss. The way you looked at me with those shocked eyes, barely able to say a word. Stunned. Frozen in place and utterly gorgeous. I dream of memories, that is why I prefer not to sleep. Some memories are hard to bear."

"Like seeing me in the cage?"

"Seeing you in that cage is something I never want to see again."

"You never will." My palms caress his warm chest, faux heart beating against my hands. In my reassurance to him, I find myself wanting.

Wrapped up in his warmth, I allow myself to snuggle in as close to his body as another being could possibly get.

"We will never let that happen."

I noticed that when I became a demon, when I showed him what I could do. Who I had become. We became a closer team. The balance of power is equal now. He is no longer my physical superior and he no longer believes that my life is in more danger if I am on my own than it is with him around.

If I wasn't a demon he would've said "I" for he was physically powerful enough to ensure absolute safety.

He believes in my power.

He believes in my strength.

He believes in me.

"I'm not so afraid of it anymore. Looking at you in that cage within a nightmare, for I know that in this moment that could never happen again. It is a reminder of a torture you can never experience again."

"Are you alright with sleeping now that you needn't worry about such things?"

"Absolutely, besides, I get to wake up next to the prettiest person I've ever known to be."

"What about Helen of Troy?"

"Helen was seductive but not exactly the nicest looking woman alive."

"Cleopatra?"

"Seductive and decently attractive but not by much. She did wear a metal beard which deeply affected that."

"What about...Aphrodite?"

"Now you're going into fiction, but I'll humour you. For the most beautiful woman in the universe, she isn't really that stunning. She doesn't make homosexual men blush as you made Arthur Conan Doyle blush at you as a straight man."

"That was coincidental-"

"Ciel, you're stunningly gorgeous. Mister Doyle did really blush after you shushed him, I saw it. Viscount Druit blushes remembering your pretty little face in that pink dress and even Madam Red admitted that you were a beautiful boy who would make for a pretty niece."

"Sebastian you're ly-"

Fuck.

He can't lie to me.

So it is true.

I'm attractive enough to make straight men blush?

I don't understand.

"I cannot lie, darling. You know that. You're a very attractive human, you always have been and I've always known you were. It's given you an easier time when undercover and when lying to others. It's a gift to hide your evils and it's something I dream our child inherits from you."

"I hate it when I can't deny something is true when you can't lie to me."

"But you secretly love it darling, knowing that it's true."

"Just a little bit. I wonder if you'll become less attracted to me when I start showing."

"Don't say that. Your body is perfect and it will always be perfect, a baby bump would only improve on perfection. It's a reminder of what a giving person you are. To carry our child in yourself. Watching it develop is one of the highlights of my day. One of the many things that makes me thankful for my demonhood. For I can look at your abdomen and see the slightest change, for I can hear the electrical impulses within what will become a heart. For I can be by your side every step of the way. For I can deliver one of the most precious beings in the universe with these hands that helped create it. I look at you and see the beauty of this world all in that big blue eye, in the other, I see the strength of our union, of your love for me. And quite frankly, my little Phantomhive, I find that I am forever falling in love with you."