A Nightmare Locked In A Memory

A/N: In case you are confused. This is a memory of when Nightmare turned into the gooey lord darkness Nightmare we all know and love today.

Dream whimpered as he started to dream about Nightmare's incident.

Nightmare reached out for help only to have a monster stomp on his arm.

"Ack! DREAM HELP ME!!!" Nightmare screamed. 

... but nobody cam. Nightmare laid there taking the beating like he always had and looked at the tree and watched a black apple shine brightly. Nightmare weakly pushed some of the monsters and humans away from him. And teleported to the apple with the little magic he had left he teleported into the tree and he plucked the apple off the tree, Nightmare believed the apple would heal him, and make him stronger. As panic and fear of the humans and monster that followed him clearly not done with their through 'torture'. Nightmare bit into the apple feeling immediate pain in his stomach. He fell out of the tree grasping his stomach and coughing and hacking black liquid.

"...dr...eam..." Nightmare called again, finally feeling his brother's bright warm energy that he would soon despise. Dream felt the shift of the Nightmare's energy immediately teleporting to him.

"NIGHTMARE!!!" Dream called to him, worried about how he acted this morning at breakfast, how his personality changed almost completely.

"...dream..." Nightmare called again hacking up more of the black liquid. The substance began leaking out of his eye sockets and mouth now, Dream ran to Nightmare attempting to hug him. Nightmare push him back as something emerged on his back. 'Eat another apple your pain will float away with another apple eat another apple.' a voice insisted Nightmare ate two apple then three then almost a whole tree full of black and corrupted golden apples. Nightmare ignored Dream's protests just wanting the pain to go away, he wasn't in control...

...he wasn't in control, Nightmare's pain worsened and got better, Dream whimpered as he snatched the last golden apple holding it close to his chest. He knew Nightmare had changed after the first apple. Dream knew what drove Nightmare into eating the first apple, he wasn't a complete naive idiot, he wanted to help Nightmare with his bullies, but Nightmare had always refused help, he tried to make Nightmare stop, but Nightmare was far too gone.

The pain didn't leave Nightmare, it wouldn't go away.

"DREAM HELP ME!!!" Nightmare screamed as the substance started to over take his body

"DREAm! DREam!! DReam! Dream!!! dream!!!!!" Nightmare shrilled his voice changed as as he desperately called for his brother. Dream rushed to his brother and dropped the apple on the ground as he hugged his brother.

"I-I... I don't know how!!" Dream whimpered and held Nightmare, because that was all he could do. Nightmare squeezed his brother tightly as the substance overwhelmed him, he sobbed Dream's name and screamed as more tentacles erupted onto his back.

Nightmare called Dream's name over and over begging him, pleading to him to make the pain disappear. 'The final apple! It will fix you it will, heal you, make you stronger, better.' The voice promised.

Nightmare reached for the apple behind his brother, his dark energy already began to corrupt the golden apple. 'You will be better just one more apple and your pain will melt away.' The voice said.

"I will be all better just one more and my pain will melt away..." Nightmare repeated his pupils focused fully on the apple. Dream pushed his brother back grabbing the apple and whimpering again.

"Please, don't make me eat it, I don't want to hurt you Nighty!" Dream begged.

"Give it to me Dream!" Nightmare snapped at his brother. Desperate to make the pain leave, his body was almost completely covered in the black substance that was leaking from him. Dream fearfully bit into the apple as Nightmare walked to him. He shove the rest of the apple in his mouth almost choking on it. Dream ran to his brother hugging him again.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry!!" Dream apologized, Nightmare shoved Dream back, didn't Dream want to help him? 'He never loved you... he wanted to hurt you just like they did!' The voice told Nightmare, Nightmare refused to believe this.

'HE ATE YOUR APPLE SO YOU COULDN'T HEAL! Only someone who loved you would never do that!' The voice pursued.

"No he wouldn't!" Nightmare argued. 'He ate it in front of you just to torture you!!' The voice insisted.

"Nonononononononono..." Nightmare continued to argue. 'He never came to help us earlier! He would always show when you were too badly injured to see straight!' The voice said. The voice insisted more and more scenarios, Nightmare starting to give in to what he heard. Nightmare was completely covered in dark matter. His back faced Dream and he lifted his head and turned to look at his so-called loving brother.

"You never cared... you hate me... just like them..." Nightmare said feeling 'enlightened' by this new revelation about his 'loving' brother.

"I'll kill you just like I'll kill them." Nightmare said as he loomed over his brother, he smiled wickedly, he laughed and cackled as he was fully lost in the darkness.

Dream whimpered backing away.

"Y-y-you've got it wrong! I love you brother!" He shook as Nightmare got closer, he was telling the truth despite how it may seem at times, he loved his brother, he never got a true chance to show it.

Five tentacles waved around almost hypnotically.

"Admit it you hate me! You always have don't lie to me, because I won't lie to you. I've always hated you too." Nightmare giggled as he choked Dream with tentacle. Dream went limp at this fact, tears trailed heavily down his face.

"Say It! Say you HATE me!! TELL ME THE TRUTH!!! TELL ME YOU DESPISE ME!!!!" Nightmare squeezed tighter, his smile grew darker and darker. Dream smiled faintly.

"I... never... could" He fell limp, his eyes closed as he passed out and suddenly woke up panting heavily.

Nightmare had released Dream and was going to pierce Dream's SOUL, but a young monster got in the way, Nightmare killed the monster ad turned to the others and slayed them all, when he turned to finish Dream off, Dream was gone.

"I'll find you brother..." Nightmare said and disappeared from the AU completely.

Dream whimpered as hugging himself as he woke up from the memory.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, I wanted to so badly, but I didn't know how. I just ran away." He smiled a sad smile.

"Heh, you have every right to hate me, Nightmare." Dream murmured.

A/N: We are back in real life! and TADA!!!!!!!! Third chapter of the day/night/whatever and I am posting it at one thirty in the morning! We hope you enjoyed and I am going to bed! Night!!!!