A Traitor's End

"Okay?" Dream said unsure.

Dust lead Dream to the back of the old courtroom, to three empty chairs. One chair for Papyrus, Dream and Dust himself. Error was nowhere to be seen, as monsters filled the courtroom it became pretty evident that Error wasn't going to show. Killer and Horror were shoving monsters in. 

There was a large balcony three monsters stood up like guards, almost. The three monsters were Cross, Error404, and Red. It was quite unusual to see Error404 as he hated leaving the Main Frame of the Anti-VOID, but he was here none the less. 

A familiar dark aura filled the room as Nightmare entered the balcony. 

Nightmare wore a black cloak that covered all of his features, though he didn't have many to begin with, his blue eye glowed profoundly out shining the faint purple pupil. Nightmare's old crown sat on the top of his hood, to keep the hood from moving. Nightmare was wearing gloves on his hands to cover the missing dark matter.

There were cheers and claps from Nightmare's faithful 'subjects'.

"SILENCE!!!!" Nightmare roared and slamming his fists on the railing of the balcony, immediately quieting the loud crowd.

Dream smiled at Nightmare, but frown when he saw the crown.

"YOU SEE THIS CROWN ON MY HEAD?! THIS CROWN REPRESENTS A TRUCE!! ONE THAT WAS MADE LONE AGO BUT NEVER FOLLOWED UPON!! IT REPRESENTS WHAT WILL BE COME OF THIS PLACE!! IT REPRESENTS ALL OF YOU!!" Nightmare shouted he pulled the crown off his head, he held it in a death grip. He pulled another crown out and held it out.

"THIS CROWN WILL REPRESENT THE FATE OF THE WEARER IF WE SUCCUMB TO WHAT THE WEARER OF THIS CROWN BECAME! IT REPRESENTS OUR HOMES, WHAT WE MAY BECOME TODAY!!!" Nightmare held the new crown and handed the old crown to Red for him to hold.

"WHICH CROWN WILL OUR TRAITOR WEAR?! WHICH MONSTER UP HERE IS OUR TRAITOR?!" Nightmare asked, his voice got dark when he said Traitor, monsters began to talk among themselves.

"SHUT UP!!!!" Nightmare quieted the crowd again.

"THERE IS ONLY ONE TRAITOR UP HERE AND HE SHALL WEAR THIS CROWN!!!" Nightmare waved the new crown in his hand, the aura in the room got darker and darker.

"THERE IS A TRAITOR AMONG US!!!" Nightmare's blue eye glowed brighter as his anger and grief began to consume him. Nightmare hovered the crown over all the monsters on the balcony until he finally finally placed the crown on his lover... Cross. Epic and Red blocked the balcony door, Horror and Killer blocked the bottom floor door as they slowly closed, Cross froze and began to panic. Cross turned to Nightmare with ultimate fear, the crowd looked around confused.

"S-s-senpai?" Cross stuttered, he seemed shocked. Cross was confused that Nightmare found out him and Ink, Cross tried to save himself.

"I-I-I-I... I didn't mean to!! He made me! INK MADE ME!!" Cross lied, taking a step back. Error404 disappeared to a hiding spot to act as back up. Nightmare loomed over Cross. Tears came out of Nightmare's non-gooed eye socket.

"THAT IS A FULL BLOWN LIE!!!" Dream shouted from the crowd. Nightmare put a hand out to quiet Dream. Dust ushered Dream to sit. Epic, Red, Killer, and Horror summoned bones to block Cross as he looked for an exit and way out.

"CROSS YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND A TRAITOR AND A LIAR!!! EVERY WORD YOU SPUTTER OUT IS A LIE!! EVERY ALLY YOU HAD DON'T TRUST YOU! EVERY PROMISE YOU MADE HAS BEEN BROKEN AS YOU STAND ABOVE HERE WITH ME!! YOU STAND HERE ABOVE ALL OF US AS A TRAITOR!! AND FOR THAT YOU MUST BE PUNISHED!!" Nightmare's voice got dark and lifted his cape with his tentacles and sharpened them. Cross held up his hands as a weak defense.

"But Senpai! I love you!" Cross said, fake tears fell down his face. Nightmare hesitated and Cross summoned his knife and attempted to stab Nightmare. Dark blue strings drooped from the ceiling, grabbed Cross' arms and made Cross drop the knife. 

Nightmare's anger grew worse and gave Cross a death glared. As he summoned out Cross' SOUL and pierced it with two tentacles and ripped the SOUL apart. He stomped every bit of the SOUL until Cross dusted. Cross' weapons, clothes, Traitor's crown, and all his belongings laid on the balcony on top of the dust. Purple and black tears streamed down his face.

"LISTEN TO ME!! AND LISTEN WELL!!! TRAITORS AREN'T WELCOME!!! WHETHER THEY WERE LOVERS, BROTHERS, FRIENDS, NO MATTER WHO THEY WERE TO YOU OR ME! THEY WILL ALL MEET THE SAME FATE!!!" Nightmare stepped over the dust, Error404 dropped down from the ceiling and landed on his feet, the monsters who were guarding the doors left and the doors opened once again.

"Burn him until there is nothing left... no ash... no dust... nothing." Nightmare told Error404. 

"GLAdLy." Error404 smiled and waited for everyone to clear out so he could start. Red nervously smiled and followed Nightmare. Red handed nightmare his old crown, Nightmare shoved the crown on his head. Nightmare got into his room and locked everyone out including Red, from there Nightmare grieved for what he had to do, he grieved for his lover since he knew no one else would.

Dream sighed and smiled with relief, Cross was finally gone.

A/N: This is one of my favorite chapters... and there is so much more to come!! I can't wait!! Hope you enjoyed!!