Sudden Truths

"Red?" Dream called. Red looked wearily at Dream and nodded his head, he didn't say anything back he was trying to keep himself from shaking too noticeably.

Dream walked to him ignoring the clear look of terror Red gave him. Red backed away as Dream hugged him. Red tensed up, he was so confused. 'Doesn't he work for Ink?' Red asked making himself nervous even thinking of Ink's name. 

The Red that Dream knew at the castle was a clone that replaced the real Red.

Red had been here for a long... long time...

Dream frowned and looked up.

"What's wrong?" Dream asked pulling away from Red. Red cleared his raspy throat.

"D-Didn't... D-d-didn't--" Red stopped and looked around before he started again.

"D-d-don't y-y-you w-w-work f-for HIM?" Red asked. He refused to say Ink's name, he's gotten very paranoid over the years.

"No..." Dream mumbled.

"So you weren't a spy that we sent after Ink so we could hear his plans?" Dream asked.

"Wh-wh-what a-a-are y-y-you t-talking about?" Red backed up from Dream, Red began to panic as Dream continued to speak. 'Was that a clone?" Dream wondered thinking back. He walked to his bed siting on it. Red sucked in a deep breath and gained some courage.

"Wh-what's going on out th-there?" Red asked. He was talking about the outside. Dream looked at Red and with a heavy sigh began explanation of what happened recently. Red's expression changed from fearful to hopeful, but his eyelights still remained glazed over.

"Nightmare allowed me to join him?!" Red asked, Dream backed up.

"How's Pap?! Oh How's Blue? Was I happy?" Red asked eager for answers. Red approached Dream and continued forward.

"Your Papyrus? He seemed happy, but he doesn't know it's you. Blue was planning on joining Nightmare's gang... and you were happy, but edgy." Dream hoped he answered correctly.

"Is Blue happy? How's he doing with his brother? I know they had some problems they were trying to work through." Red advanced desperate for information. Dream stopped Red by holding a hand out.

"I'll answer all your questions you just need to calm down! Blue and Stretch had an argument and is living with Blackberry and Honey, he is much happier there then he was when he was with Stretch." Dream said, Red backed away.

"S-s-s-sorry..." Red apologized, but he refused to sit down. He flinched as the house creaked, Red stiffened as he heard footsteps, but they were very far away. Dream hugged Red in an attempt to calm him.

"It's okay, but I am not a machine I can't answer your questions instantly." Dream said. The very very faint foot steps got closer, Red began to fidget. 

"S-s-s-s-sorry..." Red stuttered looking fearfully at the door. Dream blocked Red's view and smiled.

"I wish I knew you were here." Dream said, Dream couldn't hear the footsteps as clearly a Red could.

"Y-y-y-you h-had n-n-no i-i-idea s-s-o it's f-f-f-fine." Red was trembling now, and was about to freak out as the footsteps got louder. Dream gently lifted the surprisingly light skeleton and placed him into the bed, he covered Red with a blanket.

Red gripped the covers tightly, she was shaking horribly, he began screaming as the feet stopped in front of the door. Red pushed the covers away and ran off the bed falling on his face as he got off. Red quickly recovered forcing himself in to a corner screaming as he scratched his bloody fingers against the painted wall. Ink chuckled on the other side, Red began slamming himself against the wall in a crazy panic.

"Red?" Dream worried looking over the bed to see Red was making himself bleed.

Red screamed grabbing his skull tightly and making it bleed. Ink laughed again and causing him to slammed his skull into the wall. Red suddenly seized as the metal electrocuted him. Red quickly recovered and was electrocuted again and again until Red fell to the floor silent. Dream backed away too scared that he would be electrocuted as well.

Ink finally opened the door. Ink dropped some plates full of food on the floor along with some water. Doing what he normally did close the door an locked it. Red was petrified he stared at the food from underneath the bed. He mad ho attempt to eat it or sign he wanted the food, but Red was starving. Dream sighed sitting to the bed.

"What does he put in the food?" Dream asked. Red stayed silent as he shrugged and listened to Ink walk, but Ink was still at the door.  Red curled up on himself and wait for Ink to leave, Dream groaned a laid on the bed. Letting his eyes close.

When Ink finally left the door Red listened to Ink walk until he couldn't hear Ink's footsteps and crawled to the food inhaling it, but saved the bread. He gulped down the water and flipped the cup over on his now empty plate, Red looked over at Dream's plate and the door. Red stood up and hesitantly poked Dream's arm. Dream looked at Red concerned if something was wrong.

Red pointed to Dream's plate and motioned for Dream to eat he was a little too frantic to speak. Dream sighed getting up and eating. When Dream finished Red gained his nerve again. 

"S-s-s-sorry for th-th-that..." Red apologized again. 

"It's okay!" Dream smiled.

"I-I-I've been here f-f-for a w-w-while." Red explained, Dream looked at Red, 'What if... I tried to attack him?' Dream shivered at the thought, but he couldn't help but ask what would Ink do to him.

"C-can you tell me what happens if I did something Ink didn't like? You don't have to..." Dream asked noticing Red's panic as Dream uttered Ink's name, 'Maybe don't say Ink's name...' Dream made a mental note. Red cleared his throat.

"D-d-depends o-on what you d-d-do." Red said, his glazed pupils disappeared, but flickered back the glow even fainter than before. Dream nodded understanding. 'I'll ask about his eye lights later.' Dream made another mental note. Red jumped his glazed pupils shrunk.

"A-a-a-are y-you pl-planning something?" Red was scared of what would happened if Dream failed, but he was eager to see what he had planned anyway. Dream shook his head.

"I just wanted to know what happens, just like how you wanted to know what happened while were in here." Dream answered honestly.

"Oh... A-a-a-ask a-a-away th-then!" Red smiled weakly, bandanna covered his mouth, but you could see the indention of his mouth.

"What happens if I did something HE really doesn't like?" Dream asked the question again

"H-he... He d-d-doesn't t-t-take it k-kindly... He'll st-starve y-you, h-h-hit y-you... but h-h-he uses a-a-attacks instead of h-h-his f-f-fists, he'll e-e-electrocute you if he f-f-feels l-like it. Th-th-though he f-f-finds i-i-it f-f-funny n-now a days..." Red slowly got quieter until he stopped talking altogether thinking about some memories, his faint glazed eye lights disappeared in the process. His pupils appeared again as Dream asked another question.

"What if you do everything he asks?" Dream asked

"He is less h-harsh if you l-listen t-t-to him..." Red answered

"Okay, what does he make you do?" Dream wondered, looking concerned as Red looked at him like he was a deer in the headlights, and began to shake as struggled to answer the question. Dream grabbed Red's arms as Red began clawing them.

"H-h-h-he... He a-asks... He... doesn't a-a-asks me a-anymore. H-h-he asks... He asked... would ask... h-h-he asked--" Dream shushed Red as Red began panicking, Red could remember, he was terrified that he couldn't remember. Dream nodded and continued to shush him.

"Okay, calm down you're okay!" Dream rubbed Dream's arms. 'I won't hurt anyone, but I'll do what Ink says...' Dream told himself, holding Red's bloodied hands away from himself.