Playing Games

Ink grabbed his paintbrush and shoved it as fast as he could to Nightmare skull, but stopped right in front of Nightmare's nasal bone.

Ink huffed his eyes flickered from red to white. Ink rested the paintbrush on his skull. His eye lights taking a more normal eye light look.

"I can't do it... Why can't I do it?" Ink groaned still on top of Nightmare, Nightmare was sucking in air slowly waking him up as he got air. Nightmare shook his head trying to see if he understood what Ink was saying, his dark matter was trying to heal him in the process.

"I can't kill him!! I can't kill them!!! I can't do what you want!!" Ink held his head crying.

"I can do everything else but this! GOD I can't do this!!" Ink sobbed

Nightmare smiled a bit, a little bit of hope that he could save his brother from this creator who might've got into something he couldn't get out of. He was kinda hallucinating from the lack of oxygen as he put his hand on Ink's skull.

Ink jumped and crawling off of Nightmare. He was lost looking as he grabbed his brush and pointed it at Nightmare.

"Come on I just passed and I tried to help the person who made me pass out in the first place who is now pointing a weapon at me." Nightmare chuckled, he was in a bit of pain, but nothing that he couldn't handle.

Ink looked at Nightmare and dropped the brush.

"I-I-I—" Ink cut himself off, there was nothing he could say. He crumbled down leaning against a tree. Nightmare slowly got up.

"That Red vial make you insane?" Nightmare asked, not fully grasping everything, Ink shook his head.

"No, they said they'd give me a SOUL. All I had to do was do what they told me to do... they said I need my vials, I need my vials, but I don't know why!" Ink slowed down realizing he was saying too much.

"You can create SOULs why not Crest your own?" Nightmare asked.

"Don't you think I tried?!" Ink looked up a Nightmare.

"Worth a shot, besides who said you need a SOUL with those vials?" Nightmare shrugged actually sitting across from Ink.

"I have tried!! I've tried and tried how do you think the first AU was created? I was trying to make a SOUL for me and I created the first AU on accident!" Ink explained.

"I mean, why do you need a SOUL, you have your vials, and the brush helps you in the magic department." Nightmare facepalmed.

"I want to understand! I take these vials, but I don't understand the emotions! I only act by what I see others doing! This is the first time I know why monsters feel sad! Why they get angry, protective!! How they feel guilt!!" Ink snapped

"Then you're slowly gaining a SOUL, you just need to find the positive emotions instead of acting on the negative." Nightmare said.

"I was GIVEN a partial SOUL! I have less of a SOUL than Geno!!" Ink said

"Have you ever thought of being nice to Dream and me? We are the guardians of positive and negative emotions after all!" Nightmare motioned to himself since Dream wasn't here.

"You wouldn't be able to do anything." Ink snapped.

Nightmare gave Ink some sadness to see if Ink felt anything at all.

Ink's eye lights just flickered off, but Ink felt nothing at all, if Ink had a partial SOUL then he should've felt something.

"You're so angry..." Nightmare groaned.

"So what about it?" Ink growled.

"Did you feel the anger after I destroyed the red vial?" Nightmare asked, Nightmare didn't understand the concept of Ink and his vials.

"No I have to ingest the contents of the vials!" Ink said

"When did you start feeling anger without the vial? When did that start?" Nightmare asked scooting closer to Ink.

"When I got my 'SOUL'." Ink answered.

"When was that?" Nightmare asked. 'Idiot....'

"Never~" Ink smiled and stood up. As clones surrounded them, 'Finally Calvary has arrived.'

A/N: Wooooo! Phone is at 19%