But It Lost Itself First

After the magic lock clicked the metal deactivated and Dream fell to his knees.

"Well I know what the metal does now..." Dream sobbed, keeling over.

"Dream!!" Blue shouted running over to him Clock and Time followed. Dream was bombarded

"What does it do?" Time asked.

"What did Ink do?! You don't have a single scratch!" Clock asked examining Dream, Edgy had an idea about what happened, but said nothing. Dream hugged back searching for comfort.

"It forces you to do whatever Ink tells you to do. Whether you want to or not! He made me attack Nighty and Error!!" Dream sobbed into Blue, holding Clock and Time close. Edgy studied Dream from Red's corner.

"Where is the crazy one?" Edgy asked and Blue choked.

"The Real Red?" Dream asked smiling sadly. Edgy shook and looked at Dream terrified, he didn't want to become like that.

"What that was the real me? He was so scared... What happened to him?" Edgy asked. Dream's sadness and anger grew at this question.

"Ink left him! He's been here for years!! And he left him!" Dream growled. 

"What?!" Blue jumped, but Dream was filled with a bit of hope at the prospect of Red being left behind.

"B-but he might be able to tell Nighty where we are! And then we can all finally get out of this dump!" Dream smiled a little too hopeful.

"Dream, if he has been here for years then I don't think he'd remember." Blue said.

"There's always a chance!! Right brother?!" Clock looked at time.

"Right!" Time smiled at his brother, Edgy scoffed. Dream looked at Edgy and pulled away from the long hug.

"Edgy are you alright?" Dream asked

"I-I-I'm f-f-fine." Edgy sniffed, he really wanted to be home with Geno and his brother, but he didn't let anyone see him cry.

"Edgy?" Dream called.

"I-I said I'm F-f-fine!!" Edgy shouted.

"Then why are you crying?" Clock asked not understanding.

"NO ONE ASKED YOU ANYTHING!!" Edgy snapped and pushed Clock away, Clock cried as he landed on the floor.

"I know you're mad, but that DOESN'T give you the right to yell!" Dream scolded as Blue scooped up Clock, Time tried to help make Clock better. Edgy huffed, Dream kissed Edgy's skull, Edgy wiped the kiss away.

"Now your older version is with my brother and my boyfriend. They are trying to help him..." Dream said remembering something he needed to tell Blue.

"I have to tell you something later." Dream said to Blue, Blue nodded but was curious.

"He is probably just tired..." Time said to Dream, Edgy just sniffed and huffed.

Dream scooped Edgy up and laid him in the bed. "You two need to sleep too." Dream said talking to Time and Clock. Clock had already fallen asleep in Blue's arms Sci was sleep already too. Time soon followed, but Edgy just laid there starting to doze off.

"I need to talk to you about your brother Blue." Dream said motioning Blue over.

"Why? Did he do something wrong?" Blue asked.

"Error was fighting Ink in your AU...and when Ink was almost captured by Error... Ink used Stretch as a shield... Stretch was killed by Error. ON ACCIDENT!!" Dream said. Blue looked at Dream slowly taking this new found information, Blue shook his head and fell to his knees.

"Pappy wouldn't... he... Dream? He--" Blue began sobbing, he loved his brother even though their relationship was on the rocks, but he believed they could still fix it somehow.

"no... No..." Blue cried at Dream's feet.

"Pappy can't... he c-c-an't be d-dead." Blue wailed gripping the ground.

"He can't!" Blue cried.

A/N: Heh, I like that I am doing word play with the title...