16

Janet

Janet

It was riding on 11 pm and I had yet to get a call. I was trying to not be the obnoxiously nagging girlfriend but I was worried a bit.

I had called at 10, and she still hadn't called me back.

Finally deciding to just call again, instead of ringing, it went to voicemail. Something wasn't right, that was obvious.

Kyrin said she would call me but now she wasn't answering the phone? It just wasn't sitting right.

Tiffany sat in front of me. I had a appearance tonight so she had to watch Eissa, but I knew that she was noticing how my mood had changed.

"She's still not answering?"

I shook my head. "No and that isn't like her. I haven't talked to her since she told me she made it to her parents. I should have just went with her."

"You have business to handle J, now I'm all for this relationship but you can't always stop your money flow for a relationship."

Shooting her a look, I spoke. "I've done it for you before."

Tiffany thought my statement over before flipping her hair. "You right bitch. You right. Never mind. Gone head. I just wanted to sound like Iyanla for a moment."

"Mhm." I went to type in her number again but Tiff stopped me.

"Call her sister."

My eyebrows furrowed. "How Sherlock? I don't have her number."

"Oh, but I do." Tiffany jumped up smiling and handed me her phone.

"Why do you have... never mind." I let the question go for I was more worried about my girlfriend at the moment.

I grabbed Tiffany's phone and typed the number in on my phone. It rang a few times before a voice called out and I hit speaker phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Phoebe?" 

"Yeah. Whose this?" I could hear talking in the background.

"It's Janet. Is Kyrin there?"

"No, actually she isn't."

Placing my hand against my forehead, I asked. "Phoebe, where is she? Don't bs me either."

Phoebe sighed. "Thank God you called Janet. We've looked everywhere for her but we can't find her. We got into it before she left and she just took off. She didn't say where or how she was going to get back. She just went walking."

My face contorted into one of utter disbelief. "So how long has she been gone?"

"For at least 7 hours."