28

Janet2 weeks later

Janet
2 weeks later

Kyrin walked into the house with only her purse and her phone for once. Here lately, she's brought work home more than a little bit and it usually distracts her half the time.

She glanced at me and I didn't speak. We hadn't spoke since I cancelled one of our dates last week. It was the third in a row that had gotten cancelled and Kyrin threw a childish fit. Even though she had cancelled the two dates before that.

"Come on here, we need to talk." She told me as she looked around in search of something. "Where's Bubba?"

I pointed upstairs as I stood from my couch. "In his room with Tiff. Come on, we can go in the dining room."

We walked into the dining room and sat at opposite sides of the table. It was silent for a few before she sighed. "I missed you."

"Really?" I asked in sarcasm. "Interesting saying that you were the one who was upset."

Kyrin inhaled sharply. "See, I try to be nice..:"

"You don't have to be nice." I fired back. "Trust me, I can handle it."

My girlfriends nostrils flared signaling that I was pissing her off. "Janet, alright. I'm just going to go because I didn't come to argue. How about you let me know when you wanna talk."

When she got up, I mumbled. "Go ahead and walk away and ignore me again. You seem to be a pro at that these days."

She stopped her movements as she looked at me. "You've been busy."

"So have you."

"I'm trying here."

"And I'm not?" I asked her with a face.

Kyrin smacked her lips before exclaiming. "I didn't say that."

"I'm just not understanding what you expect out of this conversation." I replied truthfully because I wasn't giving out easily.

"Why the hell are you so damn stubborn?" Her face was straight, telling me that she was getting irritated with this.

I shrugged. "The same reason you blow up on people and then ignore them for two days."

"You have shitty ass days back to back and let it affect you, and what do I do? I shut the hell up and wait until my girlfriend wants to be a damn girlfriend again. Yet, I have a shitty day and what happens? The biggest damn argument we've had since the first time we've met."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to—." She took a pause before continuing more softly. "J, I just want you to work with me here. How long has it been since we've called each other baby? How long has it been since we've actually said I love you? Babygirl's gone. Princess is out the window. Baby? Haven't heard it. Janet, we slipping up and I'll be damned if I let you walk away from us. This," She motioned around us and then between us. "What we have, it isn't something that I'm willing to let go of. So we need to do whatever it takes to fix this. What do you need from me?"