36

Janet

Janet

"So?" I asked when Kyrin excused herself to the restroom.

"Yeah."

"She's the one."

"Tito likes her."

I looked at Tito when Marlon said that. "You like her?"

He nodded slowly. "I actually do. I didn't get a bad feeling about her. I see her being your last girlfriend."

"Daddy wouldn't like it." Latoya commented lowly.

Randy replied to her. "Too bad he's dead, huh?"

"Randy!" We all yelled.

He shrugged. "It's true. What? Too soon?"

"Yes." Rebbie replied.

"Whatever, he been gone for months now. Long live Joseph. Holy Grail." He rolled his eyes. "Now look, I feel like Mike would approve. Jackson's?"

"Agreed." They all answered.

I smiled at them. "Good. I wanted you all to actually meet her and get to know her a little better."

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out just to find it was Kyrin's. She had a few messages from her sisters. I unlocked it and read them.

Sisters III
Ember
Reschedule for tomorrow! Something came up.

Sisters III
Phoebe ❤️
Oh bitch, I was on my fucking way!

Sisters III
Ember
Sorry! Kyrin, that's cool?

I scrolled up and saw that they were supposed to be meeting at the park. Excusing myself from the living room, I walked up the steps and towards the restroom we sent Kyrin to. She was coming out when she saw me and smiled.

Handing her the phone, I spoke. "Why didn't you tell me you had somewhere to go? We could have did this another day."

"Ah, it's alright. I actually forgot." She waved it off as she texted back. "See she rescheduled anyways. Hey, I have to go with Phoebe out of town Friday night, but I should be back before Saturday."

"Okay, where you two going?"

"A club..." She mumbled.

I side eyed her. "Why?"

"I don't know. Phoebe just instructed me to ride to the club with her."

"Kyrin..." I called out in a warning voice as I began walking down the steps and she followed. "Don't make me come down there. Alright?"

"You know I wouldn't do that."

Correcting her thoughts, I clarified. "Oh, it's not you I'm worried about."