46

Janet

Janet

My girlfriend sat next to me as she pulled her knees up to her body. "I don't want to take a break anymore J... I'm just done."

"Done with what? Us?" I asked as my heart beat sped up. If Kyrin was about to break up with me this would be a wrap of happy Janet. I couldn't function without this woman on a 48 hour break let alone a full break up.

Fuck. Was Kyrin really about to break up with me? My anxiety shoot through the roof as I mentally prepared to keep my tears from falling. I got ready to glue my heart back together— I understand that I left, but breaking up with me over it seemed a bit stretched. Right?

She shook her head. "No. No. Not us." I exhaled lightly as she continued. "I'm talking about I'm done not fully communicating. I went and saw a old friend of mines today and she talked to me. She helped me figure out that you leaving just reminded me of my mom. My fear of abandonment took control of my thoughts and for a moment I rethought every word you've ever told me. For a moment I doubted your love for me, even the fact that you said you'll never leave. It all came into question because you left J. You just left."

"I know, and baby I'm sorry that I just left. It was a horrible lapse in judgement. I should have stayed with you but that doesn't reflect anything. My love for you is forever and unmatched. I haven't felt love this much in a while so I need you to trust me when I say I'm not going anywhere. As long as you want me here— well hell even when you don't want me here, I'll still be here. I'm sorry Kyrin, seriously. The last thing I meant to do was hurt you this badly baby."

Kyrin didn't reply and I continued. "What did you say to me when we went to the beach? I told you that I had to blindfold you, and you were hesitant. What did you say before you let me?"

She sighed. "I told you that I trusted you."

"And on the couch at the hotel when I was sitting on your lap, what did you say after we got off the phone with Tiffany?"

"That I loved you."

"Or how about when your father did what he did and you came to my hotel. You looked me in my face and told me what?"

"That... I chose you."

"You still feel like that?" I questioned lightly causing her to nod. "So believe me baby. If you trust me and you love me and you choose me, we will be alright. Because I trust you. I love you and I will always choose you. Nobody but you and I'm telling you that I'm sorry, that if I could go back and change it I would. I wouldn't have left you, but baby I can't go back. I can only make this better now. Let me make it better. I can make it better."

She fell silent for a few and I added on. "Let me prove it to you. Come on." I stood and held my hand out to pull her up with me. She looked at me skeptical. "Please baby?"