Promotion

Isabella

'Shit I'm late.' Running through the lobby with my books, my papers in my hand I gasps trying to catch my breath.

Until I had reach the elevator, where I could relax even if it's just for a few seconds.

It's all Mr. Chapman's fault. Why he chose today to show up thirty minutes late. I had told him I had to be else where but did he listen, no. Instead he spoke about his divorce when his wife left him for another man.  It's sad really to be married for twenty six years only to fall out of love and in love with another.  

I shouldn't talk really after all who knows what goes in ones mind when their hearts tells them, hey I don't care if I have a family, makes them self fish, self centered, greedy...

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river. Everyone has it worse and here he was Mr. Chapman as he was just wallowing in self pity.

'Ding' The elevator stop on my floor as I rushed out.

"You're late." Stacy spoke sternly from across the room.  "And why are your heels in your hands instead of your feet."

"I kn...ow..." my breath waned as my toe had stubbed one of the desk causing the papers that I was holding in my hands to fall onto the floor.

My knees had collapsed as I caught myself on a near by desk.

"Bell." I cringed at the voice before looking up.

He looked pissed at me, one I was late, and two I was now the center of attention on this entire floor.

Shaking his head to the side, "What am I going to do with you?" He bent down to my height on the floor before helping me pick up my papers."

"Sorry sir, it's just that..." I tried to explain my situation but he would never hear me out instead he had patted my head.

"Now gather your things and settle down on your desk then head to my office, we have a lot to discuss."

"Right away sir." I couldn't tell what mood he was in. Granted he was a good boss, my boss, but he was always moody and his daughter is the result of that.

Men these days always having woman trouble.

I haven't met his daughter but from the looks of gray hair sprouting on sir's head well I bet spending daddy's money could do that to any man.  After all my boss once spent a whole day with me talking about his daughter buying the next clothing trend.  Really, how many clothes can you buy.  You only have one body and there are seven days in a week.  What ever happened to doing laundry.

Gathering my papers I stacked them neatly on my desk.

I had work at this company part time only as an intern to do small task like answering phones, and organizing and such, but that was it.

It was never suppose to be me, in fact another woman was chosen for the job because she was more qualified than me but my boss I guess had taken pity on me and only gave me jobs that doesn't do too much. For this I am grateful and once I am through with my courses I would be able to do more.

"What do you think the boss called you in for?" I looked up from my desk to see Stacy chomping on an apple.

She was always the nosy type, the ones always gossiping.

Shrugging my shoulders I marched into the boss's office where he had told me to take a seat.

"My dear Bell," he smiled with a twinkle in his eyes. Okay so he is in a good mood.

"Yes sir."

"How long have you worked for me?"

"Almost two years sir." I responded curtly.