Christmas Party

Isabella

My desk was deck out in garlands and stockings.  In fact this whole floor had a nice seven feet tree with all the trimmings and a few gifts all ready placed neatly underneath, also soft Christmas music was playing.  It help us bring us into the mood.

Other than that, this Friday was the company Christmas party being held at Modrian hotel here in London and being Dylan's PA I am in charged of that.  I had already sent out the invitations.  This whole building was invited along with their families.  I have never seen that hotel but I have seen the pictures.  And next week was Christmas.

From decorations, to food I had planned everything out as well as Santa Clause. 

Last week I had met one of his friend Asher Wood.  Why I'm only meeting him now after months of working with Dylan was because he had a business meeting out of country.

He was a nice young man so different from Dylan.  But then again Dylan is no longer my arrogant boss.  It's like he has change and for good reason.

Asher however said I was a good influence and the old Dylan is back what ever he means by that I do not know.

Monday morning's are always the busiest.  That is until the sound of high heels clicking on the cold hard floor.

"Ivy."  I glanced at her wondering what she is doing here?

"Is Dylan in?"

"He is in a meeting right now, but I could help you out."

"Actually I just have this financial report to give to him."

"Report.  Couldn't you just email it to him like a normal employee."  That's what emails are for.  Finance never come up here personally so why was she here?

"You know me and computers don't mix."

"You could have ask Percy to email it to him."  I was getting annoyed by her antics.  She would find little excuse to come see the boss.

"I would rather hand it to him myself."

Just then the elevator dinged and out came Dylan, Asher Woods and another man Mr. Anderson.  They were smiling until Mr. Anderson said his good bye.

"Mr. Saunders, Mr. Woods."  I greeted with a smile.

"My favorite PA."  Asher threw an arm around me only for Dylan to growl and yanked him away from me.

"She's working and I rather not have my PA distracted by you."

"Ehem."  Ivy cleared her throat when she realized no one noticed her.

"Ivy."  Asher spat her name.

"Ivy."  Dylan nodded his head, "What brings you here on my floor?"  He asked calm and collected.

"I have that report from finance."

"Next time just email it to me, you do not have to come up here."  Dylan retrieved that report before dismissing her and going into his office.

Ivy looked upset that Dylan never gave her a second glance before retreating back to wherever she came from.

"So, Bella."  Asher called me by the nick name that Dylan called me.

"Only I am allowed to call her that."  Dylan intruded back out.

"Sheesh," Stepping away Asher said his farewell before leaving.

"So," Dylan stuck his hand in his pockets, "How is everything going for this Friday."

"Everything is going fine."  I confirmed.

Dylan opened his mouth before closing it.  He seems like he wants to say something but is struggling with his words.  In fact he seems nervous.  "About this Friday."  He sat on my desk leaning against it, "You are to go with me."

"Of course Mr. Saunders."  I smiled as always.

"No, I don't think you known what I mean.  I mean as a date."  He mumbled but of course I heard it.

"A date?"  Was he really asking me? What about his rule of no dating an employee.

Mr. Saunders gazed into my eyes seeming to know what I was thinking about, "I'm not breaking my rule just so you know.  It's just a date.  We do not have to put a label to it though if you want to, it's just her boss and his PA."

His answer had shattered my heart.  Of course why wouldn't he break his rule even for me.

"Of course Mr. Saunders."  I forced a smile.

Throughout the day, I tried greeting my co-workers as usual but they kept on giving me the cold shoulder.  It's Christmas.  Couldn't they forget what they heard.

*****

This week went by fast and it is Friday.  I was dressed in a nice simple white dress, with my hair neatly up along with the choker of an emerald frog Dylan had given me while Jack was in a tuxedo I had bought for him.  Renold and his family will be there so while I tend to the guest, Jack will be with his daughter.  Renold and his wife were really good with kids and adored Jack.  So it is safe to say Jack would be in good hands.

"Wow, you look absolutely breath taking."  A very handsome, dashing man stood at my front door.

"And you don't look so bad yourself."

Picking up Jack in his arms, he grab my hand and led us to his car minus his driver.

It wasn't long until we found ourselves in the Mondrian ball room.  Everyone was well dressed and the decorations was out of this world.

Jack was now with Renold and his family while I made sure the guest were properly seated.

The music was now playing while I sat idle to myself until Dylan offered me his hand, "Care to dance."

"I don't dance."  Sad to say I have two left feet.

"All you need is the right dancing partner."  Taking his hand he led me to the dance floor.

With my hands around his neck and his hands on my hips we had dance to soft Christmas music.  Never mind that the children were loud and running around or their parents were chasing after them, it was like we were in our own little world.

That is until her.  "May I cut in."  Our attention turned towards a beautiful brunette who always manages to ruin my day.

"Of course, Ivy."  I stepped back but Dylan had refused to let me go.  "It's fine Mr. Saunders I'm just going to grab a drink."

Letting me go, I watch as he was now holding Ivy and she was smiling at him.  My heart had burned at the site as he returned the smile.

Grabbing a drink I gulped it in one go.  Perhaps if I drink more I would get lost in my own world.

Turning around, Dylan and Ivy was no where to be found.  Not again, I thought.  But he wouldn't right.

Lately he has been very flirtatious towards me which I couldn't help but be flirtatious back.  I liked it, the attention he has given me.  I thought perhaps he would like me as much as I like him.  Yes I like him a whole lot.  Maybe even love I guess.

Scouring the room my eyes grew wide as there I had seen sharing a kiss at the buffet table.  He didn't pull away nor did he seem like he didn't enjoy it. 

At that moment I wanted to yank him away from her but I didn't.  I am just his PA after all and she is his ex wife, his first love.

In the end I left.